Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Sure it wasn't pretty but really is so much angst & vitriol warranted?!! I'd be pissed off if we lost. We didn't. So I'm happy. Give the blokes a break
    or alternatively get out there and do better yourselves. Moving on!
    Yes. Remember the bad old days when we'd play badly - and lose?
    At less than half way through the season, I'm more than happy to be underperforming and sitting on 8 -2.
    Go the Bloods!

Regular in the Side
    Simply don't get those who seek to go soft on this performance ... if we are ever going to get our skills up to perform in September ... these games are where we ought to show that we have, or at least are working on! (a) basic skills (b) some sort of system (c) the ability to learn from mistakes ... we failed on each count against a team that had 12 or more of their best players missing.
    I say again ... if you are content with what was dished up last night ... you weren't really watching.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Simply don't get those who seek to go soft on this performance ... if we are ever going to get our skills up to perform in September ... these games are where we ought to show that we have, or at least are working on! (a) basic skills (b) some sort of system (c) the ability to learn from mistakes ... we failed on each count against a team that had 12 or more of their best players missing.
    I say again ... if you are content with what was dished up last night ... you weren't really watching.
    I agree, and the stats show we had 74% disposal efficiency. What the ........

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsimmo View Post
    Goodesy your show boating in 2012 gf cost us & yet you persist. Get over it & play your age not your ego. Rampe get the hair out of your eyes & you might see dangers. Tippett the million dollar dud. In a word no balls & you will lose your fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Always appreciate someone showboating his intellect.

Oh, by the way:

1. It's you're, not your
    2. danger, not dangers
    3. and no balls are 2 words not a word
    Actually his grammar was correct for the first one, his punctuation was not.
    It should have been
    Goodesy, your show boating in 2012 gf cost us & yet you persist.
    Ie needs a comma after "Goodsey"

Technically, dangers is correct too, if Rampy has missed multiple dangerous episodes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    About time they recognize how useless he was. his 3 three goals were the result of lucky bounces. not good play. I don't think he could out mark my five year old son at the moment. A spell in the neafl is WARRANTED.
    Reid's marking was worse. Lucky the footy wasn't a bucket of tripe.

Rohan, Rohan....his ground skills get worse by the week. Any chance he can pick the footy up first go when he is 100 metres in the clear. I am starting to wonder if he hears footsteps.

One thing I think did notice in the game was; I think I saw Harry Cunningham try to win a contested footy. I would have to look at the replay to verify it though. Fair dinkum he is soft.

Veterans List
    After the disgrace of last year's GF I said the Swans would only win me back if we were ruthless in every game this year. And I spent a lot of time swearing at the TV last night. But I woke today thinking that maybe the Swans coaching staff are smarter than me and we are doing enough to be there when it counts at the end of the year. I even wondered if Horse was faking the rage last night (I wasn't).

As others have said, 8/2 and one game off the lead is pretty comfortable. I don't care how we do it I just want to win the Premiership this year so the pain of last year goes away. There was always a chance that the Swans would completely drop their bundle after the embarrassment of last year and that hasn't happened. But sheesh I wish we could be neater in the wet.

Horse clearly wasn't satisfied with the performance, so why should fans be?

I'll admit I'm still hurting about the 2014 GF, which to me came down to a failing of preparation, hunger and mental attitude. When I see similar complacency against a team we should absolutely dominate it rings major alarm bells for me.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    The second half was played with one eye on next Saturday night and that isn't a bad thing. We should be pretty fresh and ready to go against the Kangaroos who will be coming off a 6 day break and an interstate trip.

Really looking forward to watching us at Etihad, we always seem to play our best footy there. 9-2 heading into the bye is nothing to be sneezed at, should we get the points.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    The second half was played with one eye on next Saturday night and that isn't a bad thing. We should be pretty fresh and ready to go against the Kangaroos who will be coming off a 6 day break and an interstate trip.

Really looking forward to watching us at Etihad, we always seem to play our best footy there. 9-2 heading into the bye is nothing to be sneezed at, should we get the points.
    North will be licking their lips after they watched that last night. By the way they play by far their best footy at ES.

We are dead set sooks when the rail comes.

Jetta was by far our best. Always had plenty of time and didn't slaughter his disposal. Others had plenty of it but boy their disposal was woeful. Hanners had over 40 disposals but gave it over so many times.

On disposal: Rampe looks as if he is being coached by Leo Barry. Gets the footy, holds onto it, goes left, goes onto his right side, goes back to his left, then right again until he finds himself with little time to dispose of it. Rarely disposes on his first movement. The one across goal was a classic "look at me", oh hell what have I done, oh, there is a man over there, i'll short pass to the opposition. That kick was at least 20 metres short of its intended target.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post

One

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    What is wrong with Kennedy? Pyke seems to be playing to instructions given to him by a Martian ... alternatively he should not be playing at all ... cannot possibly be a game in which we have made more unforced errors ... the level of discipline / quality control ... the same skill error over & over to the extent that you can predict it ... what a disappointing game to watch ... like I said earlier there is always a clown on here prepared to give the we got 4 points song ... if you can walk away from tonight saying that you have no passion for football let alone for the Swans.
    What's wrong with Kennedy. He is as slow as a wet week and about the worst kick in the side. His turnovers are nothing short of sensational, and mostly under no pressure. Handballs to nowhere and for the sake of it. Gets the footy by oh my....

Gary Rohan is the most over rated footballer in the comp. As a commentator said, he has to do better than single digit figures every week.

Tippett was filthy when handed the vest. Well one of the talls had to come off as they were all very, very ordinary.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What's wrong with Kennedy. He is as slow as a wet week and about the worst kick in the side. His turnovers are nothing short of sensational, and mostly under no pressure. Handballs to nowhere and for the sake of it. Gets the footy by oh my....

Gary Rohan is the most over rated footballer in the comp. As a commentator said, he has to do better than single digit figures every week.
    At least Gaz gets in the clear when we need someone to kick to.

Agree re Josh - he's certainly not the extractor he was. But I think he needs more support the way the Cats used to support their pre-suns Gaz.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast