Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Well we played better than Freo are - all you need is to keep on winning then % is irrelevant
    Last year percentage was the difference between a home QF and an away one, the top 3 teams all won 17 games. Could be the difference between finishing in or outside the top 4. It's hardly irrelevant, even if you do keep winning as often other teams keep winning to!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Last year percentage was the difference between a home QF and an away one, the top 3 teams all won 17 games. Could be the difference between finishing in or outside the top 4. It's hardly irrelevant, even if you do keep winning as often other teams keep winning to!
    My point is if we keep winning we have to finish second as we are 1 game ahead of 3rd therefore % is irrelevant.

I don't want the team to not pump the opposition when they can because they are assuming that they will win all of their games and therefore percentage is irrelevant.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

My point is if we keep winning we have to finish second as we are 1 game ahead of 3rd therefore % is irrelevant.
    Good logic. We just keep winning. Should have the next 50 premierships stitched up if we just don't lose. Better book some flights & accomodation in Melbourne now

Veteran Site Admin
    No we don't. We might finish first!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Good logic. We just keep winning. Should have the next 50 premierships stitched up if we just don't lose. Better book some flights & accomodation in Melbourne now
    I just meant 2nd would be the lowest we could finish if we keep winning. It is a long season and my point is that I am happy if we win and 50+ points is still a good win and Freo only just beat the Suns so 50+ points was not bad. Remember any team can beat any team on any given day, swans in the past have beaten and lost to teams they shouldnt have.

FYI I book my accommodation in Feb each year in anticipation plus it is cheaper then than waiting until Sept.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112