Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes - round 11 versus North Melbourne Kangaroos

Senior Player

Changes - round 11 versus North Melbourne Kangaroos

Let me start the weekly discussion. Whilst I think we were pretty lazy in our win I don't think we should be making wholesale changes. Sadly I'm most disappointed with Pyke still. Despite playing his 100th game, great story but average effort.

I think Robinson did well in his short time on ground but he should go back to seconds to play a full game. I don't want him sub 2 weeks in a row. Hewitt sounds like he's ready to get a game after skillful and solid neafl performancess.

OUT: Robinson
    IN: Hewitt

At some point in the season I think we need to try another ruckman. Previously I've been calling for Naismith but he seems to have tweaked his groin. Maybe derrickx can have another go. A bit of bullocking around the ground. I doubt we'll try this though.
    Last edited by aguy; 7th June 2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

How long till McGlynn is back?

I know Jones is injured but would really love to see him in for Shaw who I've lost faith in, time to get some young guns up and running.

Senior Player
    From memory mcglyyn was going to be out at least until after the bye

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Let me start the weekly discussion. Whilst I think we were pretty lazy in our win I don't think we should be making wholesale changes. Sadly I'm most disappointed with Pyke still. Despite playing his 100th game, great story but average effort.

I think Robinson did well in his short time on ground but he should go back to seconds to play a full game. I don't want him sub 2 weeks in a row. Hewitt sounds like he's ready to get a game after skillful and solid neafl performancess.

OUT: Robinson
    IN: Hewitt

At some point in the season I think we need to try another ruckman. Previously I've been calling for Naismith but he seems to have tweaked his groin. Maybe derrickx can have another go. A bit of bullocking around the ground. I doubt we'll try this though.
    Agree with Hewett getting a run for sure, it seems the seans way really. A year to settle in then a couple of senior games in their second year and then the critical third season. Can't see AA being retained though

Think we'll see Pyke as our # 1 ruck all year, for better or worse

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Agree with Hewett getting a run for sure, it seems the seans way really. A year to settle in then a couple of senior games in their second year and then the critical third season. Can't see AA being retained though

Think we'll see Pyke as our # 1 ruck all year, for better or worse
    I agree we will see Pyke ruck all year. Just airing my wishes to see how the others would go knowing that it won't happen

Kangaroos beat the West Coast Eagles by 10 points this afternoon which means we are now second on the ladder, a win behind Fremantle and a win above both West Coast 3rd and GWS 4th. Roos win means they will go into next week's match .against us full of confidence. We will need to play at our best in front of undoubtedly a hostile crowd.
    So: out - clangers: in - intensity and a skills lift.

For the Kangaroos it's a PF replay and will go into the game full of determination to kick our butt. Will our players be ready for a hard game, who knows? I'm not high on confidence for this one.

I'd rather be playing the Kangaroos after today's game, than having to face them after their performance last week - as I'm sure West Coast found out today.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

We'll be playing indoors. No chance of rain so that should suit us down to the ground.

In: skill and effort for 4 quarters
    Out: phoning it in
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Kanga's are flakey......Swans by 43
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

It's been a love-in for Norhs this week on Fox .... Hope that goes to their heads ...

I watched North's games over the past two weeks. A couple of points about their style that provide some comfort for our game next weekend. They are slow in decision-making particularly rebounding from the opposition 50m zone. Because they tend to play an extra in defence they have fewer options going forward. As a result they have to think their way ahead and wait for players to get into position so they have targets to kick to. This provides advantage to the other side. Overall, North is slow. This is why Collingwood smashed them once they got up and got going. North rely on too few players to move the ball, i.e. Harvey, Swallow; small forwards to kick goals i.e. Thomas and Petrie. Our faster, taller defence should be able to cover them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast