Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

I said it at half time but this performance can be summed up in one word: "lazy".

So often a player would fumble an easy mark when they were metres in the clear or kick 2 metres off target with no pressure. Our entries into the forward 50 were disgraceful. We really seem to excel at making bad teams look half decent.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Just 23 points in a half plus Reid after the bell. Just rubbish.

Good win but a terrible second half. I wonder what the excuse is going to be

Veterans List
    Can't even comment it was so bad.

Next week no excuses under the roof.

Regular in the Side
    What is wrong with Kennedy? Pyke seems to be playing to instructions given to him by a Martian ... alternatively he should not be playing at all ... cannot possibly be a game in which we have made more unforced errors ... the level of discipline / quality control ... the same skill error over & over to the extent that you can predict it ... what a disappointing game to watch ... like I said earlier there is always a clown on here prepared to give the we got 4 points song ... if you can walk away from tonight saying that you have no passion for football let alone for the Swans.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Good win but a terrible second half. I wonder what the excuse is going to be
    It was not a good win unless you judge "good" by the margin ... it was simply a disgraceful performance that at best constitutes an "ugly win".

4 points...

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Good win. 4 points is 4 points.
    Agree. Rarely do the Swans outright demolish the opposition. We usually win comfortably (no matter how crap the opposition) without blowing them out of the water ... or if it's a close, we can usually be counted on to keep on pushing until the end ... if we lose those ones (eg Freo, Dogs) they will likely have kept on plugging away (in both of those games we had more scoring shots). We also seem to struggle in the wet for some reason at the moment.
    All the whinging about our performance in this game ... it was a typical Swans-like, blue-collar performance from a potentially white-collar side on paper. Solid, if not spectacular, performance. The quality of our opposite is often the barometer of our performance.

Hmmmmm

Next week !!

4 points and it looks like no injuries

Only 16 of Hanners 42 possessions were effective. Even Jetta and McVeigh struggled to hit a chest. Really don't like Reid in the forward 50. As usual, the rain came and our skills left.

Can't think of a positive except for Grundy who was largely solid.

Seriously guys, take a good lie down and relax will you.

I agree it wasn't one of our best wins for the season but we are 8-2 and looking good at the turn. We have had a couple of excellent wins this year (Port and Hawks) - I'd prefer us to be grinding out wins at this stage instead of playing the lights out to be honest. Calling that performance disgraceful is way OTT as far as I am concerned but I did also find it very frustrating at times to watch.

Agree though that I am expecting an improved performance next week despite us getting the 4 points

Was very disappointed by both Tippett and Rampe. Kennedy is having a quiet period but I'll back him to come good

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast