Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes - round 11 versus North Melbourne Kangaroos

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It seems to me that the theory that the Swans don't want to play too many players who perform the same role (i.e. Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell) has been vindicated and will keep Bird out most of the time when those three play regardless of his form. What's more, I wonder if the same logic will keep Hewett out too as he seems to be performing this same type of role for the reserves? What do others think? Has Matt80 been proven right? (despite the one game where all 4 played - against the Bulldogs when we lost)
    Yes I think it seems the way. Horses talk of team balance when asked about bird bein in the reserves seems to back that up. On hewett it depends how much of an outside and forward role the coaches think he can play. I'd be keen to see him at senior level like Robinson has come in and performed well.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Both teams unchanged,

Doesn't happen very often!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hiscox Nankervis Towers the emergencies

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Robinson sub most likely.
    Hope Gaz is in the 21, his prelim final against the Roos was probably the best game of his career and a fast track at Etihad will suit him perfectly.

Veterans List
    This is off topic I know, and we've seen it all before, but it's worth a look. Go to Relive your favourite '05 moment! - sydneyswans.com.au, watch the vid and check Nick Davis favourite moment at the end, and more to the point, check the crowd noise. Best crowd EVER!! I watched the last bit about 8 times and had to stop, as I was becoming emotional! How I wish I was actually there on that night.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 11th June 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Robinson sub most likely.
    Hope Gaz is in the 21, his prelim final against the Roos was probably the best game of his career and a fast track at Etihad will suit him perfectly.
    Can't see them putting Gaz as sub, he went alright last week on the GC I thought and was pretty solid. As you say Robinson is most likely to be sub I'd think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I personally think the perSistence with gas makes sense given his role and given that towers who could play his role is no better BUT I must say it is a frustrating slow burn week to week

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Makes sense. Gives us balance in the emergencies too considering the likely sub is a midfielder.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think there is something odd going on. Both Nankervis and Hiscox are out of the reserves team (plus Rose out too). It's unusual to have two senior emergencies not named in the reserves. Don't they normally only take one travelling emergency ?

I smell a late withdrawal and another debutant probably nankervis.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think there is something odd going on. Both Nankervis and Hiscox are out of the reserves team (plus Rose out too). It's unusual to have two senior emergencies not named in the reserves. Don't they normally only take one travelling emergency ?

Nankervis is from Tassie as well.wouldn't be surprised...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Nankervis is from Tassie as well.wouldn't be surprised...
    The game's in Melbourne...

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post

I reckon Tippet won't play.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast