Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes - round 11 versus North Melbourne Kangaroos

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    I watched North's games over the past two weeks. A couple of points about their style that provide some comfort for our game next weekend. They are slow in decision-making particularly rebounding from the opposition 50m zone. Because they tend to play an extra in defence they have fewer options going forward. As a result they have to think their way ahead and wait for players to get into position so they have targets to kick to. This provides advantage to the other side. Overall, North is slow. This is why Collingwood smashed them once they got up and got going. North rely on too few players to move the ball, i.e. Harvey, Swallow; small forwards to kick goals i.e. Thomas and Petrie. Our faster, taller defence should be able to cover them.
    Yes, and Nick Smith should be on either Thomas or Harvey, which means that one of them will be largely shut out of the game. Though possibly the most problematic match up for us could be Pyke vs Goldstein, as Goldstein has been very impressive this year.

I would love to see a quarter of positioning Buddy, Kurt and Reid in the forward 25 and bombing the ball quickly to the one on ones, just to see how it works out.
    Surely this would hold us in good stead?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    I watched North's games over the past two weeks. A couple of points about their style that provide some comfort for our game next weekend. They are slow in decision-making particularly rebounding from the opposition 50m zone. Because they tend to play an extra in defence they have fewer options going forward. As a result they have to think their way ahead and wait for players to get into position so they have targets to kick to. This provides advantage to the other side. Overall, North is slow. This is why Collingwood smashed them once they got up and got going. North rely on too few players to move the ball, i.e. Harvey, Swallow; small forwards to kick goals i.e. Thomas and Petrie. Our faster, taller defence should be able to cover them.
    Petrie is a small forward ?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I would love to see a quarter of positioning Buddy, Kurt and Reid in the forward 25 and bombing the ball quickly to the one on ones, just to see how it works out.
    Surely this would hold us in good stead?
    If all 3 players + their opponents were in the forward 25 it would be extremely difficult to kick it to a one-on-one without one of the other defenders coming in over the top.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I would be surprised if there were any changes to the team this week. Cunningham did well on Harvey last year so I doubt that he will be omitted for this match.
    Robinson and Lloyd would be the likely omissions should there be any and maybe Hewitt to come in given his consistency but I think if either of the other two were left out that Bird is the most likely inclusion.
    I read in one of the posts somewhere that Shaw may be injured if this were true I'm sure Bird comes in and McVeigh drops back to HB. Jones played last week in the twos but for him to be promoted he will need to prove his fitness.

Can't see Lloyd being dropped, thought he played really well on Saturday. They may want Robbo to play a full game though so Towers or Jack might come in for him to start as sub. I'd like to see Hewett rewarded for his consistent performances lately though.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    Not too much speculation this week on changes. Only 5 hours to go before we find out

Can't see us losing this game, especially given we'll be playing under the roof. Our mids would have to really drop the ball (pressure wise), and Thompson and Goldstein would have to not just win, but destroy their matchup.

Senior Player
    I'm never that confident. Especially against a top 4 team from last year. Having said that I was extremely confident we wouldn't loose last week

This is as confident as I've been all year, I hope that doesn't end up biting me on the bum.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    This is as confident as I've been all year,
    Well that's done it. North 2.70 on sportsbet people.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I would be surprised if there were any changes to the team this week. Cunningham did well on Harvey last year so I doubt that he will be omitted for this match.
    Robinson and Lloyd would be the likely omissions should there be any and maybe Hewitt to come in given his consistency but I think if either of the other two were left out that Bird is the most likely inclusion.
    I read in one of the posts somewhere that Shaw may be injured if this were true I'm sure Bird comes in and McVeigh drops back to HB. Jones played last week in the twos but for him to be promoted he will need to prove his fitness.
    It seems to me that the theory that the Swans don't want to play too many players who perform the same role (i.e. Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell) has been vindicated and will keep Bird out most of the time when those three play regardless of his form. What's more, I wonder if the same logic will keep Hewett out too as he seems to be performing this same type of role for the reserves? What do others think? Has Matt80 been proven right? (despite the one game where all 4 played - against the Bulldogs when we lost)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast