Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Eastlake Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves

Thanks for that, mcs: certainly better than what the Swans website provides.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Thanks mcs!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    EASTLAKE

Goal Kickers: S. Darcy , S. Jensen , S. Camp , D. Biermann , A. Bruce
    Best Players: , B. Dowdell , T. Highmore , N. Pleming , A. Bruce , B. Halse , D. DeGois

SYDNEY SWANS

Goal Kickers: C. Bird 3, S. McLaren 2, B. Jack 2, A. Davis 2, D. Towers 2, J. Foote , H. Marsh , T. Derickx
    Best Players: , D. Towers , J. Foote , H. Marsh , G. Hewett , C. Bird , X. Richards

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    EASTLAKE

Best Players: , B. Dowdell , T. Highmore , N. Pleming , A. Bruce , B. Halse , D. DeGois

SYDNEY SWANS

Goal Kickers: C. Bird 3, S. McLaren 2, B. Jack 2, A. Davis 2, D. Towers 2, J. Foote , H. Marsh , T. Derickx
    Best Players: , D. Towers , J. Foote , H. Marsh , G. Hewett , C. Bird , X. Richards
    Ok. So who does Marsh have photos of?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    EASTLAKE

SYDNEY SWANS

Well there you go. I would never had had Richards in the best list (he had little do really I thought - but what he did, he did well so I can understand it), and I would of probably had Jones in there instead of Marsh. Marsh obviously is doing a lot right in the coaches eyes - but as I said in my report, I didn't really notice any telling parts in his play - but coaches watch the game very differently to those just observing, and he must be doing something right.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Marsh would have a good unfair dismissal case if he gets delisted. But a few years back, didn't Alex Brown have a good year in the reserves when he got axed?

Veterans List
    Glad to see that mcs had my boy George BOG. Who cares what the official bests are, they are always politically motivated, a ressies watcher BOG does it for me every time.

George must debut soon lest we lose him to the go home factor!

Nice article about this match by a Canberra Times reporter. Mostly a story about Alir but also about the NEAFL match.
    "Swans greater experience and conditioning told late in the match, keeping Eastlake scoreless in the final quarter. Eastlake assistant coach Guy Cannon said coming up against the likes of Craig Bird and Dean Towers is a valuable learning experience. "
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/sydney-...13-ghn6ci.html

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Article on the AFL website says Towers had 16 marks and 26 possessions, Bird 31, Hewett 30 and I read somewhere else that Newman had 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Article on the AFL website says Towers had 16 marks and 26 possessions, Bird 31, Hewett 30 and I read somewhere else that Newman had 33.
    Those numbers sound about right. As i said towers worked very hard and 16 marks is a clear reflection of that.

i like the look of newman, he really could fit well into our back 6 in time.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    As outlined by Ugg, it ended up being a comfortable 65 point margin in the end.

Last quarter goals to McLaren, 2 from Bird (After great delivery from Hewitt and then Jones), and the final goal to Foote, after a fine pickup in traffic.

Jones could have had the goal of the day after a great contested pickup, evading of 4 guys, but missed from about 20 out on the run.

Davis missed a couple of very easy set shots from 25-30 out, after great delivery from the mids.

Other real moment of note in the last quarter was a monster 'pyke style' tackle from either McLaren or Newman (couldn't quite tell from where we had migrated to at stage).

Will write up some longer thoughts in a minute about the overall game.
    Um McLaren is 200cm, long hair and lanky. Newman is 186cm, short hair and thick set. Nice to hear Jones mentioned. We might have need of him sooner rather than later the way Shaw is playing.

I love Hewett, he is a two sided player so opponents never know where he is going to turn, left or right. Mind you he is just as good on either side too. Some players are not as proficient on their 'wrong' side. I have seen him kick a goal on his left and then line up for one on the right. People don't realise just how young he is. He only got into his draft by a day or so. He was the youngest in the draft I think. So lots of time to develop him. If he doesn't get a game this year he will next.

I don't think Horse is reaching for a 'Best 22' and definitely not a 'Best 6' in the mids. I think he is looking to build a list of around 30-35 players who can all come in and do a job. This makes a team incredibly dangerous and gives the players the message that if they don't perform they are going to be kicking the dew (not the Stewie kind the wet kind).

Luke Parker is seriously strong. Seriously, seriously strong. New nickname for him instead of 'ManBoy', 'Bam Bam'.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Well there you go. I would never had had Richards in the best list (he had little do really I thought - but what he did, he did well so I can understand it), and I would of probably had Jones in there instead of Marsh. Marsh obviously is doing a lot right in the coaches eyes - but as I said in my report, I didn't really notice any telling parts in his play - but coaches watch the game very differently to those just observing, and he must be doing something right.

The coaches might also be boosting his currency to other clubs. I was a bit sus some time ago when he got 7 disposals and got BOG. That is a bit much when you had other backs who were better. I watched that match and he was nowhere near BOG. George Hewett and Mitchell were by far the best. In fact I thought X was far better. I agree with you on this and I think the coaches are boosting his currency. He was up for de-listing at the end of last year but we kept him on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast