Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 10: Eastlake Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    opposition always have the option of sending a scout (albeit a costly option). At least we have you as our 'scout'. :-)
    Don't say that too loudly or you will give the opposition ideas about putting Ugg on their payroll!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Eastlake v Sydney Swans
    6: George Hewett (Sydney)
    6: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    6: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
    5: Dean Towers (Sydney)
    4: Tom Highmore (Eastlake)
    3: Ben Dowdell (Eastlake)

Highlights from 2:04 - 2:44

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Bird 33 touches, 3 goals, 7 marks, 7 tackles, 0 coaches votes...you don't have to be dead to be stiff!

I know the opposition was one of the weaker ones we've played but it's pleasing to see all of our fringe players amongst the disposals in Bird, Hewett, Towers, Jack etc. Foote another 11 tackles as well (4 more than any other player on the ground)...the kid must be pretty hard-nosed by the looks of it.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Ridiculous numbers by Towers!
    So Derickx had 0 clearances and his opposite number had 11.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Looks like Bird is now doing what Tom was doing ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I hope for the Eastlake player's sake that nobody was meant to be playing tight on Towers...must be some kind of record for inside 50's surely!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If the game is televised by the NEAFL then it will be on their YouTube channel. They usually show 2-3 games per round

Otherwise it's the Swans who take the footage and as you can imagine wouldn't want opposition scouts and analysts getting their hands on the full game vision.
    Just had another thought about this. If it's Swans'-only footage for games that the NEAFL don't televise, how does the footage find its way into NEAFL TV's highlights package? I suppose it could still be from the Swans but I'm not sure how likely this is. Does that mean the Swans do the editing and choose which highlights to include? Also does that mean that all the NEAFL teams have the resources and inclination to video record all their matches in a similar format and package it up for the NEAFL TV highlights package? I'm not sure that makes sense to me. I could understand the Swans having the resources to do this but would the smaller (non-AFL team affiliated) clubs have these kind of resources? Also, wouldn't this imply that each team is duplicating the footage of the same matches? It doesn't add up. I therefore wonder if all the footage isn't obtained by NEAFL TV.

If that's right....

...the plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Just had another thought about this. If it's Swans'-only footage for games that the NEAFL don't televise, how does the footage find its way into NEAFL TV's highlights package? I suppose it could still be from the Swans but I'm not sure how likely this is. Does that mean the Swans do the editing and choose which highlights to include? Also does that mean that all the NEAFL teams have the resources and inclination to video record all their matches in a similar format and package it up for the NEAFL TV highlights package? I'm not sure that makes sense to me. I could understand the Swans having the resources to do this but would the smaller (non-AFL team affiliated) clubs have these kind of resources? Also, wouldn't this imply that each team is duplicating the footage of the same matches? It doesn't add up. I therefore wonder if all the footage isn't obtained by NEAFL TV.

If that's right....

...the plot thickens!
    Firstly, I need to say these is just guesswork on my behalf and it all maybe totally wrong.

The footage of each NEAFL game needs to go to Champion Data to they can provide stats for the game. This would be provided by the NEAFL and their own cameras. However I have also seen cameramen in Swans garb taking footage of games, e.g. in Newcastle against the Lions there was one in the grandstand and one on a cherry picker behind of the goals. Whether this is in addition to the NEAFL footage or is the NEAFL footage I don't know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234