Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 11: North Melbourne v Sydney Swans

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    is it just me or does Hannas get almost mortally wounded every week and come back on a few moments later seemingly unaffected?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Yes, but you can't fault him on the incident with Hannebery - it was just a good hard spoil (although I can't see that it was particularly courageous). I love it when our defenders spoil like that when the ball comes into our defensive 50 (Grundy's probably our best at it). It was bad luck that Hanners was (slightly) hurt in the contest, but it's a contact sport and bruises happen.
    Yes I agree. I was talking about his playing style in general, not the incident with Hannebery.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I didn't say that you said he did anything wrong. Yes I did play plenty of footy and have coached. I don't get your argument about courage in his incident. He came from behind!!! I am happy to disagree with you on what is courage.
    Wait, I'm saying that Ziebell's spoil didn't require any courage...but Dan waiting under a hospital pass definitely did.

The one other thing I forgot to comment on earlier - Parker's spins in traffic in the lead up to Buddy's match sealing goal - pure Class
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Don't worry, there is a long line of umpires of many a year that we all wonder how they got to AFL level without knowing the rules.
    Well, I don't really think that's the case nor do I believe the bloke was cheating. To me, this chap really can not know what the rules are to have made such a call. That makes it a very special case of umpiring incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I thought 32,000 was a pretty good crowd for last night's game.

Could someone who was at the game give me their estimate of the percentage that were Swannies fans? Watching the highlights later, it sounded like a very healthy percentage of the crowd was cheering the mighty Bloods!
    I thought about 50/50

Just wild about Harry
    Does anybody know when was the last time we played WCE in Sydney? Why are we always playing them over there?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Round 5 2010 - That's so long ago that Spangher was still in the Eagles colours!

Maybe the Swans have a say in it? After all we've won our last 5 against them at Subi, so why change a good thing?

2 trips to Perth this year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Geez that was brilliant footy by Jack!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The one other thing I forgot to comment on earlier - Parker's spins in traffic in the lead up to Buddy's match sealing goal - pure Class
    Yes it was.

There were a number of times Parker should have been tackled easily, and he waltzed his way out of trouble.
    Remarkable.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    ...The act of disposing of the ball from behind the mark, however poorly, is automatic play on - the umpire doesn't necessarily need to say anything...
    I am not good on all the rules but I don't think that is the case. Players have to wait for an umpire to call "play on" as a player moves sideways off a mark. They can't run at them until that call is made.
    And isn't Teddy allowed to pull back his handball as long as he doesn't move of his mark? Or is that just every other team apart from the Swans?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017