Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 11: North Melbourne v Sydney Swans

Senior Player
    Rampe scares me. Bird or Newman may be better options.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    MITCHELL now kicked to Goldstein
    We want Goldstein on our team so bad that we can't help ourselves.

The boys looked tired in the end. NM can really be a dirty team. They love those cheap shots.

The good thing is that we learned that we would be a so much better team without Pyke and Shaw and didn't have to lose the game to find out. I wonder what we'll do after the bye.

Laidler was great tonight. Lloyd had a quiet game.

Agree Laidler had an inspirational last quarter but also Tippett's best game for the year I reckon, especially in the first half. Loved Goodes' goals; the one set up by Parker's monster effort got me outta my seat!

Good solid win, they came at us hard and we made a lot of errors, but held on like good sides do. Goodes looking as good as he has in years. Parker is a freak, Jetta and Macca the class/ polish. Laidler best game for us, and Big Bud. Does it all, bangs them home from 60, defends like a maniac at the other end. Champion.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Starting to warm to Laidler.
    Agree .. he has grown a leg ... tonight we lose if not for Buddy & Laidler at key points.

What a relief ... Would have hated losing to North (since 1996) prior to the bye ...
    Well done Swans .
    Boomer didn't try his unsportsmanlike little trick again.
    Hanners needs the rest as does Buddy's head .

Senior Player
    Great to see Tippett play his best game of the year after all the criticism this week. Goodes is looking better and better. Imagine now if we can get Reid firing at the same time as the other talls the feared forward line would finally stand up. Add mcglynn and Heeney to crumb. Very exciting

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Credit to North they were immense in the second half tonight, we looked really tired - might have been the back to back interstate trips.
    Laidler played his best game for the club, Tippett was much better as well. Buddy's pressure and tackling was awesome...could have kicked 6 or 7 with a bit of help from the umpires.
    Cunningham's best game of the year, Goodesy is still a genius. (Brian Taylor still a flog)

- - - Updated - - -

Pyke was disappointing, but those free kicks against him were perplexing...since when can't you make body contact before tapping the ball?
    Lloydy was also pretty quiet and Reid did some good things but would have been nice to see him clunk a few more marks.

Agree with the praise for Laidler. Parker, Jetta and McVeigh used the ball really well in traffic.

Baffled by Shaw's decision making. Cost us at least another 2 goals tonight. His best highlight of the night was when Waite piggybacked him - to be fair, not his fault.

Really think it's time to start experimenting with our ruck, given our woeful clearance and HTA numbers. Would like to see Nankervis get a shot. The idea of 2 bullocking, goal kicking ruckmen seems so much better than whatever we're attempting to do now.

Is it just me, or has Parker become like 20% more of a bully since the Hawthorn game? Seems to enjoy bumping players off the ball and imposing himself more physically?

I reckon he's learned it from Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis in our last couple of outings and taken his game up another level.

I am wanting to crucify Smith, Shaw and Rampe for their bloody stupid across the the ground give up the ball and let them get goals. Shaw should have had a North guernsey on the amount of ball he gave them. When are our players going to get it. DO NOT JUST BOMB INTO THE FORWARD LINE THEY HAVE LOOSE PLAYERS THERE!!!!!

About tonight. Parker super, a cut above everyone else. Sensational. Macca & Jetts the best disposal ever. Pity the rest don'r learn from their example, they can hit targets. I liked Mitchell's game, he was a really good extractor tonight.

Still a bit worried about Rampe if he keeps giving up the ball he is no use at all. Newman has been in the best in the Twos and after the break I would be interested to see if Shaw or Rampe get dropped. Both were a bit terrible in their disposal but Shaw far worse.

We won but that is all we could take out if this.

But I must say we did play like champions in the second quarter. If only we could do this for 4 quarters.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 13th June 2015 at 11:25 PM.

Veterans List
    Wow what a game. We were really sore at the end so we will be looking forward to the bye. Does anyone know what was wrong with Grundy? Was it a knee?

Hanners looked like he was dead again. Did Rohan have cramp?

It got nasty in the crowd tonight. There was a fight in the standing room in the bay next to mine. Around me there was a lot of verbal abuse in the 3rd quarter. So glad we won ????.

Loved the cheering for Goodes especially after his goals! A shame about some of those idiot north supporters.

Laidler played his best game for us. He is a tough nut.

Still worried about our clearances. What are the coaches doing??

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast