Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaw: has half a season taught us anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Rampe has played 59 games I'm pretty sure, game 50 was against Port in round 2. I agree with your sentiment though he is still relatively inexperienced...he would be cut much more slack if he was a midfielder turning it over on the wing or at half-forward.

I really hope he doesn't lose too much confidence because he is a beautiful kick of the footy for the most part...look at his 60m pass to Rohan at the start of the Hawks game the other week, absolutely perfect. There aren't many players in the comp that could have pulled off that kick as well as he did.
    He made the AFL team of the week. He had 26 possessions and 14 marks to go with a couple of clangers....He had a really good game.

In over thirty years of watching AFL, I haven't seen a player yet that doesn't commit the odd clanger.

Certainly Mal, with his much lauded lazor kicks, turned it over now and again in most games, with poor decisions/kicks. Everyone does.

Shaw on the other hand is probably doing it a bit too often these days.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Draft Scout
    do we need to get a petition, the last loss was the last chance surely. Not robinson crusoe, but if we don't change now we are not going to topple the hawks or freo. Need to find someone, try someone and back them in. Shaw misses based on age and form. Rampe needs to lift and not be isolated at full back...
    Staying ahead of the game...

Burn him! Witch! Witch! Burn him!

- - - Updated - - -

He turned me into a newt!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I got better...
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Loyalty or cut him (Shaw),tough decision , Swans aren't going to make a Grand Final people so what do you do with Shaw . Think they will persist with him ,but they have to blood either Newman or Jones soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Loyalty or cut him (Shaw),tough decision , Swans aren't going to make a Grand Final people so what do you do with Shaw . Think they will persist with him ,but they have to blood either Newman or Jones soon ?
    Blood them now. Do a Ryan O'keefe with him viz; back to the reserves to mentor the young players.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Loyalty brings security for the individual and the team but it cuts both ways. Even if your best mate keeps giving away goals on a weekly basis at some point you need to correct the problem otherwise you might get some results but maybe its too late before you realise!!!.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    ...Swans aren't going to make a Grand Final...
    I still believe we will.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I still believe we will.
    I think we will too - though we are not leaving ourselves much wriggle room if we got rolled on Thursday night in terms of Top 2, which is still a huge advantage (although as we showed in both Premiership years, this is not a pre-requisite for winning the flag).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123