Thread: Injury update

Veterans List

Injury update

We've obviously had a good run this year with injuries because we aren't talking about them, touch wood.

More good news on Swans site today with McGlynn and Heeney resuming full training next week. Sounds like they were very conservative with Benny's hamstring making use of the bye to give him an extended break. Lloyd Perris and Melican also resuming.

You'd think Benny would be straight back in for Wretchmond, Heeney to have a run or two in the ressies.

The injury rate or ability to use the fewest number of players is an indicator on how the team will go through the year. This year Fremantle and Swans have used the fewest. It helps with combinations and individual player confidence. Teams are so close at times that any advantage can make a difference.

Good training, conditioning and medical staff are an important key to success.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Don't jinx it! Quick delete the thread before the footy gods read it and start smiting us.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    Swans website is sticking to the line that:

The pair will have to fight hard for a spot in a side that has now won six in a row and has very few major injury concerns at the half way point of the season.
    I'd have thought (OK I hope) Heeney is a good chance to come straight back on previous form, but there is the question of who goes out.

Heeney, McGlynn on track - sydneyswans.com.au

Given the side is functioning without them I think both of them will come back through the NEAFL, especially Heeney who is young and needs to redevelop lost match fitness.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think they are both comfortable best 22 players, probably in place of Robinson and Cunningham. It's just a matter of whether or not they think a couple of weeks in the NEAFL are necessary. From all reports Isaac has been doing quite a bit of running over the last few weeks so his fitness shouldn't be an issue.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon