Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 13 vs Richmond

Maybe Cunningham or Rohan (who has been regularly cramping in the third qtr) in the vest? I really think players like Lloyd or Robinson don't offer too much off the bench. Their efficiency and delivery is best realised at ~20 or so possessions. Better to have speed to maintain defensive pressure and intensity.

Can't hear Tom Harley on the Injury News.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    One change won't be McGlynn back in, they're giving him another week.

Latest injury news: McGlynn out, Grundy cleared - sydneyswans.com.au
    Is it just me or does Tom speak too softly for the human ear?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Maybe Cunningham or Rohan (who has been regularly cramping in the third qtr) in the vest? I really think players like Lloyd or Robinson don't offer too much off the bench. .
    It might be a good chance for the Rooster, as stated he does seem to regularly cramp up late in the game, but then again they have all had a week off....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Who will wear the green vest though?

I think Robinson needs a full game so it wouldn't surprise me to see him head back to the NEAFL and Towers or B.Jack (or maybe even Hewett) come in as the sub.
    If Robinson is dropped, then surely it'll be Towers that comes after a superb performance in the ressies the week before last.

Eastlake are an average team at best, but his game that day was pretty damn good - if only he can translate what he showed that day into AFL footy, then he will make it. Heaps of gut running, lots of working to space, lots of presenting for the ball - as shown by I think it was 16 marks.

It really was a superb performance, and whilst I thought Hewett was BOG for his poise and use of the ball, Towers was right up there (and I can fully see why they named him BOG).

I think Hewett will get a debut this year as well, but I'd say Towers is well and truly first in line if they drop Robbo (assuming they don't give Birdy a reprieve, which sadly seems unlikely).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    Out: at least one decent umpire.
    In: Razor Ray ????

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Who will wear the green vest though?

I think Robinson needs a full game so it wouldn't surprise me to see him head back to the NEAFL and Towers or B.Jack (or maybe even Hewett) come in as the sub.
    I'd imagine Reid will spend more time in the backline to counter the height of the Richmond forward line. That will have a flow on effect on our rotations and positional play generally. The sub is probably slightly more likely to be someone who fits that structure the best....

....or Robinson cos that's kind of how we roll. :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    In: Razor Ray ??
    We are stuffed!

Interestingly I was at a wine tasting tonight chatting to an Essendon supporter and umpires were mentioned. They said they thought the two worst umpires were that really small guy (Ray) and the dark curly haired guy(whatever his name is). Couldn't believe it as those two are my pet hates out of a roster of 30+ umpires, and this from an Essendon supporter.

So it's not just us, these two really are bad umpires!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    In: Razor Ray ????
    We are stuffed!

Interestingly I was at a wine tasting tonight chatting to an Essendon supporter and umpires were mentioned. They said they thought the two worst umpires were that really small guy (Ray) and the dark curly haired guy(whatever his name is). Couldn't believe it as those two are my pet hates out of a roster of 30+ umpires, and this from an Essendon supporter.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We are stuffed!

- - - Updated - - -

We are stuffed!

You can say that again!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Towers probably does deserve another crack at it but it would be a really great occasion to blood (pardon the pun) a first gamer in Hewett...Friday night footy, big crowd at the SCG, 10 year premiership reunion.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We are stuffed!

- - - Updated - - -

We are stuffed!

The dark curly haired guy is probably Shane McInerney. Who, slightly coincidentally, is the umpire that almost annoys me as much as the little Ray of sunshine.

Stevic, McInerney and Chamberlain. The unholy trinity with Nichols as sub.

Veterans List
    I reckon that Myke has been running a leg (knee?) injury as he just hasn't looked that mobile over the past few weeks. Surely they'd want to bring Tom D in to get him up to speed if Myke goes down later in the season? So that's my prediction - Pyke out, Derrickx in.