Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 13 vs Richmond

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes - Round 13 vs Richmond

So we are under a week out now from our next game and Richmond played last night and lost in a disappointing performance at home so will no doubt be fired up next week.

We should have a fairly healthy list to choose from this week so possibly a few unlucky outs. With hopefully no fresh injuries my changes would be -

Out - Robinson, Cunningham.
    In - Heeney, Mcglynn.

Either of those two ins probably battling for the subs vest.

Out: Eddie

In: Heeney.

Out: Shaw Robinson
    In: Jones Heeney

Veteran Site Admin
    Do people really think Heeney will come straight back into the senior side, without a run in the NEAFL. Six or so weeks is a fair time for any player to be out and then return directly to senior footy. For an 19 year old kid who's played just a handful of senior games, I think it is doubtful.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Do people really think Heeney will come straight back into the senior side, without a run in the NEAFL. Six or so weeks is a fair time for any player to be out and then return directly to senior footy. For an 19 year old kid who's played just a handful of senior games, I think it is doubtful.
    Agree, considering the Swans are saying he will be back doing full training NEXT week, it is highly unlikely he will be straight back into the one's, possibly not even the two's after the bye. Yes, we rate him, but we also 'value' him(ie; long term).

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Agree that Richmond will be keen to get back on the winners list, and they played very well last night until West Coast picked them apart. So expect a clash supercharged with determination to bounce back.

I think that Heeney has a kind of aura as far as Horse is concerned - unusual as Horse does not strike me as being troubled with auras - but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the winning team and brought Heeney back as the sub and JoeMoore12's Badass Blond Brigade would ride again. Alternatively Benny could get that job and Dan would miss out. Altogether a nice problem to have.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Out: Pyke In: Nankervis --- A change that definitely won't happen but should happen. Pyke will do alright against Maric and we will go another week without fixing the problem of not having a ruckman who can contribute around the ground. Price to paid later in the season.

Out: Robinson In: Hewett --- Nothing wrong with Robbo, just time to give Hewett the sub vest and new contract. (Robbo likely to be dropped, but doubt that he will be replaced by Hewett).

Out: Shaw In: Jones --- I'd like to see this happen, but certainly won't. Give Jones a stopping job on Edwards. I think it would be a good assignment for him and one he can handle.

Doubt that Heeney will come directly into the seniors without at least a game or 2 in the reserves. McGlynn could come straight back if fit and would be helpful in locking down Houli's run out of defence. Cunningham played well and probably should hold his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Out: Pyke In: Nankervis --- A change that definitely won't happen but should happen. Pyke will do alright against Maric and we will go another week without fixing the problem of not having a ruckman who can contribute around the ground. Price to paid later in the season.

Out: Robinson In: Hewett --- Nothing wrong with Robbo, just time to give Hewett the sub vest and new contract. (Robbo likely to be dropped, but doubt that he will be replaced by Hewett).

Out: Shaw In: Jones --- I'd like to see this happen, but certainly won't. Give Jones a stopping job on Edwards. I think it would be a good assignment for him and one he can handle.

Doubt that Heeney will come directly into the seniors without at least a game or 2 in the reserves. McGlynn could come straight back if fit and would be helpful in locking down Houli's run out of defence. Cunningham played well and probably should hold his spot.
    You do remember what Maric did to Naismith on debut last year don't you?

Now is not the time to be experimenting in the ruck, or anywhere else. The next 2 games in particular look very important to me - Richmond is always a potential banana skin for us and Port, despite being down on form, are a danger team coming off a week's break that might have them feeling a bit rejuvenated. We need to be going into the Hawks game at 12-2 if possible, and in a position to basically rule out the Hawks finishing top 2 if we can knock them off.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    You do remember what Maric did to Naismith on debut last year don't you?

Now is not the time to be experimenting in the ruck, or anywhere else. The next 2 games in particular look very important to me - Richmond is always a potential banana skin for us and Port, despite being down on form, are a danger team coming off a week's break that might have them feeling a bit rejuvenated. We need to be going into the Hawks game at 12-2 if possible, and in a position to basically rule out the Hawks finishing top 2 if we can knock them off.
    Yes I do remember that game. Naismith was smashed in the 1st quarter, but improved from then on. He tired out in the second half. I think he's an improved player from that experience.

I think Nankervis is a different sort of player. He's more physical. I would expect that he will be beaten by Maric, but not to the extent that Naismith did.

Under your theory, it's never time to bring in a new player unless forced to due to injury. I fully agree that Richmond is no pushover and we will have to play at our best to win. My point about Pyke is that for some inexplicable reason he has lost his mojo, dropping marks, not kicking goals and continually giving away free kicks. Under current form, I don't see it as any big loss not having him in the side. I've been a big supporter of Mike over the years, but now find that I am waiting week to week for a turnaround in form that doesn't seem to be coming. Maybe a stint the reserves will do the trick.

Some will say it's wrong to look beyond the current game, but I am looking beyond this game and hoping we find a ruck combination that is more conducive to beating Hawthorn. I am of the opinion that part of the job during the H & A season is to find the best team to play finals against the opposition you're likely to face. I'm always wondering what we need to do to find a way to beat Hawthorn in the finals. Despite beating them a few weeks ago, I think we are still a notch below them and need to find something new to give us an edge up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Nankervis is a different sort of player. He's more physical....
    I see this assertion often on RWO and I don't agree at all. They are certainly different players, but I don't see Nankervis being more physical then Naismith...ever.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I see this assertion often on RWO and I don't agree at all. They are certainly different players, but I don't see Nankervis being more physical then Naismith...ever.
    I am with you Triple B. I think Naismith is more physically ready than Nankervis, and more naturally aggressive at the contest too.

Senior Player
    Richmond were smashed in the ruck by Nic Nat and they only lost by 20 points. Pyke won't be smashing them in the ruck in our games so it will be a real test. Can't be any half fit players so Heeney not a chance , McGlynn a chance for sub, but Bird would be the best mid available. Lloyd must be close to a spell in the ressies unless his poor form was caused by a niggle that the break has cured. Wouldn't be surprised if it was McGlynn and Bird for Robinson and Lloyd.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast