Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 more years for Reg

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Both Reg and Teddy are in the top 6 defenders on one-on-one contests. I am always nervous until the ball is near centre/wing. As long as the next FB or CHB have fair pace they can start in the pocket or flank and then move after the others retire or injured.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I will just echo the sentiment here and say I am glad Reg has committed to another 3 years. He may not be a start defender, then again he probably would be if he played in Melbourne, but he is plays his role very and more. Maybe he will move forward when we don't re-sign Typo?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Goes up to 11
    Great news - Reg has always been one of my favourites. Well deserved based on many years of solid hard work...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    he will be slower than me in 3 yrs ! It says to me that club doesn't have great faith in back up stock defenders
    That and insurance against our inability to trade in decent defenders, thanks to the Gillon/Eddie show.....

He is a Swans Premiership player. Great news.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Deservedly finishes a one club man due to his ability week in week out to contain a key forward

Well done reg

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I wonder if the length of the contract (3 years instead of 2) might mean that he is earning less per year as a trade off for the longer deal?

Also I'm not so sure that next year will be Ted's last...he has been extremely consistent in the last few seasons in terms of games played which means his body is holding up well and his form has been fine...if he's getting beaten on the lead it's generally because the ball is coming in without enough pressure which can happen to every defender in the comp (look at Rance Friday night on Kennedy). If Reid ends up becoming a permanent KPD which I believe he should then Ted could be a very handy third defender, similar to Scarlett in his last couple of seasons, or Fletcher at the bombers/Glass at the eagles.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

So long as he doesn't spoil the ball into the opposition goal square on grand final day (when it was an easy mark), I'm ok with it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Also I'm not so sure that next year will be Ted's last...he has been extremely consistent in the last few seasons in terms of games played which means his body is holding up well and his form has been fine...if he's getting beaten on the lead it's generally because the ball is coming in without enough pressure which can happen to every defender in the comp...
    But, odd brain fart aside, his disposals, especially kicking can be sublime, moreso when given that extra half a second to look for a teammate. There was one game this season, Geelong?, where he was nailing his kicks over and over again. It made me sit up and take notice.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Good on Reg. We might wince now and then but he generally gets the job done.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Top news. Aside from being stupidly underrated, he is amazingly durable. Hardly missed a game in yonks.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Three years for Grundy, but they were only willing to offer Mal two. Did they know something about Mal's knees, or is Grundy just that much cheaper?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast