Thread: footy week 1987

footy week 1987

i am looking for old copies of the publication called Footy Week 1987. It was a color newspaper, compared to a similar weekly publication called Inside Football.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by langers1971 View Post
    i am looking for old copies of the publication called Footy Week 1987. It was a color newspaper, compared to a similar weekly publication called Inside Football.

thank you
    Are you wanting the actual copies or info out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Are you wanting the actual copies or info out of them?
    actual copies.

thank you
    Interesting request ... why are you after them? Any particular issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Interesting request ... why are you after them? Any particular issues?
    i have a couple of old issues of Footy Week 1987, and it was a better read compared to Inside Football.

As it was only around for the 1 season in the 1980's - season 1987, there are only about 30 issues all up to collect.

the search continues.............

i have a couple of old issues of Footy Week 1987, and it was a better read compared to Inside Football.

As it was only around for the 1 season in the 1980's - season 1987, there are only about 30 issues all up to collect.

the search continues.............
    Yup. Much better paper than Inside Footy. The posters were glossy & color. Much nicer. And there were always a few posters per issue. Grant Bartholomaus had one, somewhere I've got 2 Capper ones signed by him (including that mark over Langford - that one is framed), and some other Footy Week posters signed by Dennis Carroll, Bernard Toohey, Tony Morwood & Steve Wright, I think.
    I think I still have many of the Footy Week papers, but, as I removed Swans posters, the papers are incomplete

PS this is where a forum for people specifically after stuff might be helpful, as this thread will soon disappear
    Last edited by goswannies; 25th June 2015 at 12:07 AM.