Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time visitor from the US

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aslinterpreter View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome and the help!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, what is the best way for us to get to the game from there?

Doctor, i tried to send you a PM but it says you are not accepting any. My son would love to meet yours. We were thinking maybe even the saturday before the game if you are not busy!
    Hopefully just a typo, but the game is tonight! You won't see much footy at the SCG if you turn up tomorrow night haha. Best of luck at your first game! Would love to read a write up from your perspective afterwards, perhaps comparing it to your experiences with American sports?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He's coming to the Round 18 game

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome and the help!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, what is the best way for us to get to the game from there?

Doctor, i tried to send you a PM but it says you are not accepting any. My son would love to meet yours. We were thinking maybe even the saturday before the game if you are not busy!
    How weird! I'll have to have a look at my settings. In the interim, you can follow me on Twitter @WattoTony, I'll follow you back and we can exchange info via DM there. I'm loathe to put an email address on a public forum otherwise I'd just do that...

...OK, I think I've fixed what was going on in settings too, so that should be ok now.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Hopefully just a typo, but the game is tonight! You won't see much footy at the SCG if you turn up tomorrow night haha. Best of luck at your first game! Would love to read a write up from your perspective afterwards, perhaps comparing it to your experiences with American sports?
    Me too. I am sure that The Footy Almanac (The Footy Almanac � The AFL season - one game at a time) would love to receive a submission as well. Set your son some homework.

OP, good luck and I hope your match experience is a positive one. In my opinion there's not a bad seat in the house. So it depends on your personal preference. I think for a first timer, it might be good to sit on the wing and with a bit of elevation so you can see what's going on. So that's either the O'Reilly stand or the Brewongle Stand. Any of the concourse sections would be good too and you would be nice and close to the action and atmosphere (but is open to the elements).

If you're still about on Fri 14 Aug, the Swans/Collingwood match should be a cracker. If you're around between Fri 7 Aug and Sun 16 Aug, the netball World Cup is on at Sydney Olympic Park if you want to check out something different.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I will for sure have our son write something up after the game. He is great at that kind of thing. It should be an interesting experience. At most of the baseball games here, everyone just sits and watches and it usually isn't very loud. Our KC Royals made it to the world series last year, so things got a bit louder at that time!

Thanks for all the help.

I will for sure have our son write something up after the game. He is great at that kind of thing. It should be an interesting experience. At most of the baseball games here, everyone just sits and watches and it usually isn't very loud. Our KC Royals made it to the world series last year, so things got a bit louder at that time!

Thanks for all the help.
    Go Jays! :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Good luck with it all! I'm sure you'll have an absolutely great time wherever you sit.

I can appreciate what you're going through - I'm currently part way through an 8 week baseball jaunt around America, trying to visit as many baseball stadiums as I can. People have been really friendly around me, and I hope we Aussies are the same for you. Enjoy the experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12