Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time visitor from the US

First time visitor from the US

Hello everyone, my wife, 15year old son, and I will be in Sydney they July and August. We would like to go to the game on August 1st. I think the tickets go on sale this morning at 9. The ticketing system is really confusing me. It looks like they assign you seats in the category that you wish, but you can't pick where your seats will be. Is that right? My son wants to sit in the loud and rowdy section, which from what I read in bay 29. How do I buy tickets in that specific section? Or is that not possible? Also, is there a better section you would suggest?

This is our first trip to Australia, and I really appreciate the help!

Jeffrey

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That is correct. You may have better luck if you call Ticketek up and request Bay 29

How exciting Jeffrey!!!
    Make the call direct, that way you get to choose your seats rather than get "next best".
    All over the ground is loud and rowdy (except the members' stands - they might spill their chardonnay if they clapped).
    Remember to scream as loud as you can when Goodesy touches the ball.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Thanks for the help! I was trying to find the number to call and everywhere I looked people said they had a terrible time reaching someone live. I tried to see what the "best available" was and it showed bay 8 row D. Will that work out ok??

Also, i would like to buy our son a Swans "jersey" ( sorry thats what would call it in the states, I have no clue what it is really called) Is there a good place to buy one online before we go or should we just wait till we get there? Thanks again for the help.

Blog Entries

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aslinterpreter View Post
    Also, i would like to buy our son a Swans "jersey" ( sorry thats what would call it in the states, I have no clue what it is really called) Is there a good place to buy one online before we go or should we just wait till we get there? Thanks again for the help.
    We call it a Footy "guernsey" (not as common anymore) or Footy "Jumper".

I think you are best off buying at the ground on game day. That time of the year they could be on discount, plus get the right size. Just look for the merchandise tents/shops. Inside or outside the ground.

And enjoy you stay and the game!

I'll be nearby, so if you would like someone to explain what's happening ...
    You could Private Message me... On here ..
    Best

Did you buy bay 8 row D? I think they would be good seats. Could be wet if it rains so be prepared with rain gear. (It is winter here!). Calling Ticketek is a nightmare. I think they have deliberately made it as difficult as possible to force you to use the online system. And then used a cheap, no choice online system because you have little option but to use it.
    Go Swannies!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, Jeffrey! Just need to confirm- are you pro-Delly or anti-Delly?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Hey Jeffrey! I sit in Bay 29 with a few friends and we'd all be delighted to meet you and help you enjoy the experience of a Swans game. Send me a private message if you like. My son is also 15 and is part of our Swans Academy so maybe our sons would enjoy meeting too. Who knows about teenage boys mind you!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Enjoy the game, you've picked a good one to go to.

And keep an eye out for Number 23 in red and white, I reckon he could have a big future in the game....

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome and the help!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, what is the best way for us to get to the game from there?

Doctor, i tried to send you a PM but it says you are not accepting any. My son would love to meet yours. We were thinking maybe even the saturday before the game if you are not busy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast