Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 143

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Port Power

  1. #13
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    5,305
    If tippett gets off- id go
    Out: Derricx, Buddy
    in: Pyke (if fit), Nankervis ( if pyke isnt fit), Towers.

    if tippett gets suspended, keep derricx in and play nankervis in the tippett role.

    Derricx is simply not afl standard and should only be picked f we have no other real choice (as was the case last night).

    That plus an enormous kick up the bum for the rest of them.
    Last edited by mcs; 27th June 2015 at 10:15 AM.

  2. #14
    Senior Player ernie koala's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    northern beaches
    Posts
    3,232
    Buddy went past the ball and chose to bump...and connected with Edwards head.
    My guess is medium impact, which would mean 2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea.

    Tippett was reckless and his fate will depend on impact. My guess is again, medium. Probably 1 week.

    I look forward to seeing a more unpredictable forward set up next week, and a good spread of goal kickers.

    I'd like to see some new faces to see how they perform on the big stage...

    OUT : Franklin, Tippett, Derrickx

    IN : Pyke, Hewitt, Marsh

    But more likely the 'IN'S will be.... Towers, Jack
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

  3. #15
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    moss vale
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    change of all them.
    I'll play.
    it couldn't be worse.
    well said annie, now that I have my titanium hip installed, I will be able to help you

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    MRP should suspend the entire Richmond Football Club for being big meanies to the Swans. Big..bad...meanies. Like the Hawks in the GF. Big bad meanies and Swans don't like it one bit, it hurts their feelings such that they forget how to play football.
    gold
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

  4. #16
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,766
    Out: Franklin, Tippett, Shaw
    In: Pyke, Nankervis, Towers

    If Tippett survives Tribunal, then Derickx out and same ins.

  5. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Out: Franklin, Tippett, Shaw
    In: Pyke, Nankervis, Towers

    If Tippett survives Tribunal, then Derickx out and same ins.
    Agree. Shaw is a liability. Send him to the reserves to mentor the young ones as happened with Ryan O'Keefe last year. Jones to get a full game and spoken to about how to conduct himself with the umpires.

  6. #18
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Agree. Shaw is a liability. Send him to the reserves to mentor the young ones as happened with Ryan O'Keefe last year. Jones to get a full game and spoken to about how to conduct himself with the umpires.
    I'm at a loss after that game. Was really disappointing.

    I hope the fact that jones got a run as sub means the coaches have finally decided to replace shaw and this was a stepping stone. Next week is the time to make the transition complete

  7. #19
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Jones to get a full game and spoken to about how to conduct himself with the umpires.
    I hope Longmire tears a strip off Jones. He was immature, undisciplined and unprofessional and it cost us a goal at a critical moment. How could a player promoted from the reserves for the first time for the season dare to think he was entitled to behave like that?

  8. #20
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    6,435
    If Horse is a good coach, the performance, injuries and suspensions could be the best thing that happened for the club. But I think Longmire is more cut in the Malthouse mould and will stubbornly stick to his current plan and players. For what it's worth, this is my view:

    The Swans are not a premiership team this year and the sooner we start reshaping the side the better. We've played well in spurts, but have barely put in one good 4 quarter game this year, other than the PA game and that being against a club that has been shown to have their own problems.

    The ruck:

    Tom Derickx should never play again under any conditions. He should be asked to retire and then given a job in our media department so we can get salary cap relief. He can barely walk without falling over. I read that he had 1 hitout to advantage in 56 contests last night (and that was probably the one when he fell over and the ball hit him in the head). When we were ahead in the 1st half and I was in a better mood, I couldn't stop laughing at some of his antics.

    Mike Pyke, who is likely to miss anyway this week due to injury, should only be given a chance to play seniors after a run of dominance in the reserves where he can show that ha has regained the form he had in 2013. If it doesn't happen, we just have to move on, whatever it is.

    We will have to play Nankervis for now and hopefully Naismith will return soon from his groin injury and be available in a few weeks. I don't know how they will go at senior level, but that's looking like the future right now. If it's not, better to find out sooner than later, rather than carry our ruck problems into another season.

    Our midfield will have to adjust to the ruck talent we have and not pretend that Todd Goldstein is our ruckman, It may come down to making Tippett our number one ruckman. He's not killing it as a forward. Maybe that's his best role.

    The old and the new: Some weeks back I started a thread about whether it was best to bite the bullet on some of our older players and give our younger ones more game time. It seems the consensus of opinion is that Shaw is cooked. I would agree. We should replace him now. We are not going to improve with him in the side. Goodes has played well enough to continue in the senior side, but there may well come a time when it's best for him to hang up the boots as well. The only reason for keeping these two in the side is to give us the chance of winning a premiership this year, and their contribution to that end seems less likely by the week.

    I'm not sure that Tippett will be suspended; he might get a week. Franklin is almost certain to get 1 or 2. It's probably not a bad thing. We have been far too Buddy conscious. Now we will be forced to find other tactics to score and I think that is for the best.

    Zak Jones should stay in the side. I'm think he will learn to keep his cool with the umps. He's a very driven footballer. Start him in place of Shaw.

    Play Hewett. He's got the talent to be an elite footballer. It's not likely to go smoothly, as all young footballers make mistakes at senior level at the start, but we should start playing him now when we have injuries to a number of other mids. In a few weeks McGlynn and Heeney should be available, so let's get a look at some of our better reserves players before that happens.

    Just guessing at the suspensions, but I am nearly sure Buddy will miss:

    Out: Derickx, Franklin, Shaw.
    In: Nankervis, Towers, Hewett

  9. #21
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I hope Longmire tears a strip off Jones. He was immature, undisciplined and unprofessional and it cost us a goal at a critical moment. How could a player promoted from the reserves for the first time for the season dare to think he was entitled to behave like that?
    Yep, a critical (if not decisive) moment and an atypical Swans act. Suggested a bit too worried about his own performance. Still, I'd like to see him given a chance to atone; if he plays again on Thursday and plays well, it could be a career turning point.
    Twitter: @mattlwood.

  10. #22
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Horse is a good coach, the performance, injuries and suspensions could be the best thing that happened for the club. But I think Longmire is more cut in the Malthouse mould and will stubbornly stick to his current plan and players. For what it's worth, this is my view:

    The Swans are not a premiership team this year and the sooner we start reshaping the side the better. We've played well in spurts, but have barely put in one good 4 quarter game this year, other than the PA game and that being against a club that has been shown to have their own problems.

    The ruck:

    Tom Derickx should never play again under any conditions. He should be asked to retire and then given a job in our media department so we can get salary cap relief. He can barely walk without falling over. I read that he had 1 hitout to advantage in 56 contests last night (and that was probably the one when he fell over and the ball hit him in the head). When we were ahead in the 1st half and I was in a better mood, I couldn't stop laughing at some of his antics.

    Mike Pyke, who is likely to miss anyway this week due to injury, should only be given a chance to play seniors after a run of dominance in the reserves where he can show that ha has regained the form he had in 2013. If it doesn't happen, we just have to move on, whatever it is.

    We will have to play Nankervis for now and hopefully Naismith will return soon from his groin injury and be available in a few weeks. I don't know how they will go at senior level, but that's looking like the future right now. If it's not, better to find out sooner than later, rather than carry our ruck problems into another season.

    Our midfield will have to adjust to the ruck talent we have and not pretend that Todd Goldstein is our ruckman, It may come down to making Tippett our number one ruckman. He's not killing it as a forward. Maybe that's his best role.

    The old and the new: Some weeks back I started a thread about whether it was best to bite the bullet on some of our older players and give our younger ones more game time. It seems the consensus of opinion is that Shaw is cooked. I would agree. We should replace him now. We are not going to improve with him in the side. Goodes has played well enough to continue in the senior side, but there may well come a time when it's best for him to hang up the boots as well. The only reason for keeping these two in the side is to give us the chance of winning a premiership this year, and their contribution to that end seems less likely by the week.

    I'm not sure that Tippett will be suspended; he might get a week. Franklin is almost certain to get 1 or 2. It's probably not a bad thing. We have been far too Buddy conscious. Now we will be forced to find other tactics to score and I think that is for the best.

    Zak Jones should stay in the side. I'm think he will learn to keep his cool with the umps. He's a very driven footballer. Start him in place of Shaw.

    Play Hewett. He's got the talent to be an elite footballer. It's not likely to go smoothly, as all young footballers make mistakes at senior level at the start, but we should start playing him now when we have injuries to a number of other mids. In a few weeks McGlynn and Heeney should be available, so let's get a look at some of our better reserves players before that happens.

    Just guessing at the suspensions, but I am nearly sure Buddy will miss:

    Out: Derickx, Franklin, Shaw.
    In: Nankervis, Towers, Hewett
    Mostly agee Ludwig, but for mine BJ was close to BOG in a losing side which means he has the fighting qualities that seem to be lacking ATM. In Nankervis , Towers, BJ. Hewitt, soon though.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  11. #23
    Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mid North Coast
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Horse is a good coach, the performance, injuries and suspensions could be the best thing that happened for the club. But I think Longmire is more cut in the Malthouse mould and will stubbornly stick to his current plan and players. For what it's worth, this is my view:

    The Swans are not a premiership team this year and the sooner we start reshaping the side the better. We've played well in spurts, but have barely put in one good 4 quarter game this year, other than the PA game and that being against a club that has been shown to have their own problems.

    The ruck:

    Tom Derickx should never play again under any conditions. He should be asked to retire and then given a job in our media department so we can get salary cap relief. He can barely walk without falling over. I read that he had 1 hitout to advantage in 56 contests last night (and that was probably the one when he fell over and the ball hit him in the head). When we were ahead in the 1st half and I was in a better mood, I couldn't stop laughing at some of his antics.

    Mike Pyke, who is likely to miss anyway this week due to injury, should only be given a chance to play seniors after a run of dominance in the reserves where he can show that ha has regained the form he had in 2013. If it doesn't happen, we just have to move on, whatever it is.

    We will have to play Nankervis for now and hopefully Naismith will return soon from his groin injury and be available in a few weeks. I don't know how they will go at senior level, but that's looking like the future right now. If it's not, better to find out sooner than later, rather than carry our ruck problems into another season.

    Our midfield will have to adjust to the ruck talent we have and not pretend that Todd Goldstein is our ruckman, It may come down to making Tippett our number one ruckman. He's not killing it as a forward. Maybe that's his best role.

    The old and the new: Some weeks back I started a thread about whether it was best to bite the bullet on some of our older players and give our younger ones more game time. It seems the consensus of opinion is that Shaw is cooked. I would agree. We should replace him now. We are not going to improve with him in the side. Goodes has played well enough to continue in the senior side, but there may well come a time when it's best for him to hang up the boots as well. The only reason for keeping these two in the side is to give us the chance of winning a premiership this year, and their contribution to that end seems less likely by the week.

    I'm not sure that Tippett will be suspended; he might get a week. Franklin is almost certain to get 1 or 2. It's probably not a bad thing. We have been far too Buddy conscious. Now we will be forced to find other tactics to score and I think that is for the best.

    Zak Jones should stay in the side. I'm think he will learn to keep his cool with the umps. He's a very driven footballer. Start him in place of Shaw.

    Play Hewett. He's got the talent to be an elite footballer. It's not likely to go smoothly, as all young footballers make mistakes at senior level at the start, but we should start playing him now when we have injuries to a number of other mids. In a few weeks McGlynn and Heeney should be available, so let's get a look at some of our better reserves players before that happens.

    Just guessing at the suspensions, but I am nearly sure Buddy will miss:

    Out: Derickx, Franklin, Shaw.
    In: Nankervis, Towers, Hewett
    Ludwig is exactly correct with Longmire and even more.

    He cant really coach, a great man manager, but all his does is he just demands effort and defence. After every lost he states that "we just didn't work hard enough." Never comments about poor coaching by himself, leaving 2 forwards with 4 defenders and many other issues.

    Never bakes Shaw but has been rubbish this year, i am still reviewing the game and i am up to 4 goals to Shaw's efforts for the tigers.

    So minimum changes with the usual suspects coming in.

    Jack and Mc Veigh are just shadows of their previous efforts, Jack much better then McVeigh. Parker and Hannebery are our two on field leaders and should be captains next year. Wont happen though.

    Whoever coached our defence has totally destroyed their system. Laidler is just about our best defender this year. I think Reg was pretty good. Nick Smith has been coached to kick to the corridor at least once a game to turnover the ball. He was easily our best defender his whole career until now.

    Did anyone notice that Rampe decided to stop the ball going over the line for Marics goal. If he giveaways a point, maybe we could, doubtfully but maybe, go coast to coast for a point or a goal and dtill in the game but no i will stop the ball then collide with Reg and allow for Maric to walk up and kick a goal from 2 metres. Being 7 points behind is very different from 12.

    And last thing i am going to watch the game again and count the number of slipping errors. I think i need a new pad and biro.????

  12. #24
    Out: buddy (suspended)
    In: towers

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO