Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Port Power

Out: buddy, drex, shaw
    In: mcglynn, Pyke, towers

Senior Player
    Out: buddy, tippo, shaw, derrickx
    In: Brandon Jack, nankervis, towers, Hewett

Jones to play the whole game and Hewet to be sub.

Some forced changes there.

Anyone know how bad bird and robbinsons injuries were in the reserves ?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Port Adelaide have been travelling quite poorly this season, I would be disappointed with a loss even if Buddy and Tippo are suspended. Good opportunity for us to bounce back from a poor second half against the Tigers.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I am looking forward to this game. An unpredictable forward line could do wonders for our mids, they will actually have to kick into the F50 with a little precision and not just look for Buddy every time, be it one-on-one or triple teamed.

Out: Lance Franklin
    In: Allir Allir
    Reg/Teddy to rotate through the F50.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

My Outs: Buds and Tips (suspension), Shaw and Derrickx.
    In: Towers, Nankervis, Hewett (sub) and Marsh.

Although I can't see there being drastic changes as I can see the coaches thinking, 'You know what? That was a poor second half but we are still in the top four, so we must be doing something right.'

I really don't think the sky is falling in as yet !!

Just had a little look. We were 9-3 in 2012 at this stage. Losses to Adelaide ( SCG), Tigers ( MCG) and Saints ( Etihad) in a 4 week patch when we lost 3 games. It's certainly not doom and gloom, but regardless of win/loss records, we've rarely played brilliant footy this year for more than a quarter or two. That's the worrying thing. In 2012, 2013 and 2014 we'd produced some seriously dominant displays of footy by this point of the season, we have a lot of work to do but I guess the positive is we've managed a 9-3 record without finding our best footy on a consistent basis. I'd like to see Shaw out for Jones to start, and Hewitt to come in. Towers in for buddy ( if suspended) and Nankervis in for Derickx. We need fresh blood, we need some enthusiasm and a shake up.

I've noticed nobody is saying that Abe Davis should come in this week. Surely he'd have to be a big chance considering both Buddy and Tippett are more than likely be out and the fact that he was the non playing emergency last week.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea we need fresh blood or a shake up. If anything I think we've seen Longmire far more inclined to make changes this year than previous years to the detriment of our consistency and cohesion IMHO.

While I agree that keeping players competitive for spots can be useful, particularly in the preseason, it also can't be great for the confidence to think if you take a risk and it doesn't come off it could cost you a position in the seniors. I was very disappointed, for instance, that Longmire omitted Robinson when as sub he really had no opportunity at all to prove himself. It should basically be an unspoken rule that the poor bastard performing the thankless, no-win task in the green vest won't be dropped the very next week.

What I think we should be aiming for at this point of the season is to start to solidify the best possible 22 to take us through the finals. The question for each (non-forced) inclusion from this point forward should be "Is this player capable of playing consistent footy from now until the first week of October?"

For me, injuries notwithstanding, that 22 doesn't include Shaw, Hewitt, B. Jack, Towers, Marsh, Derickx, Naismith or Nankervis but does include Pyke, McGlynn, Heeney, Jones (replacing Shaw), Cunningham and, yes, Bird but also Mitchell.

Whatever bizarre theories Longmire might hold about the maximum number of "slow" inside mids he's allowed to play, he should build a bridge and get over it and give that structure a proper chance to work. It's ludicrous to have an experienced contested ball winner (where Richmond smashed us in the 2nd half btw) like Bird running around our 2s. He's certainly not the one dimensional player suggested by his omission.

Out Buddy.

Tippett to Main Ruck. Derrickx/ Someone with a future to share the ruck.

Rohan to FF.

Reid to CHF.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I haven't played for 30 years but im ready ,got something no one else has a heart,determination ,pride in a jumper ! Cmon horse wont even accept match payments ?

tippett will go as well as buddy.

I remain in the keep shaw camp although like everyone i think he is basically a liability. but I say keep him because the rest of the defenders are so accountable but are in no way ever willing to take the game on. the rest stuff it up as much as he does (see smith, N. or Grundy R. or Rampe D. as examples) but he never shirks the responsibility to keep attacking. Without him we have simply no run from the backline at all and while I like what i have seen of jones I see him currently more in the smith N stop your man school than in the shaw malceski tadgh school of running from behind the ball to create options.

i think it probably has to be towers and b jack that come in for tippett and buddy although the ressies watchers will know whether nankervis could come in for tippett to ruck and provide a forward line contest.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast