Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Port Power

I can't believe in this day and age that we have to wait til Monday for the MRP findings. Ridiculous.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I can't believe in this day and age that we have to wait til Monday for the MRP findings. Ridiculous.
    Couldn't agree more, it's disruptive to the clubs involved and not fair on the players themselves. In fact, you could make a case that it is unfair on Port Adelaide this week in trying to prepare without knowing if Buddy/Tippo are in/out.

Thurs/Fri games should be assessed Sat morning and released Sat afternoon, Sat games on Sun afternoon and Sunday games on Monday.

This week we have the totally ridiculous situation of going into the final training session tomorrow morning for this weeks match with less than 24hrs notice on just who can or cannot play. Not ideal, especially given the gravity of our possible outs. When Thursday night games become more the rule rather than the exception it will be farcical.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    + 1 to that.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a deliberate ploy from the AFL to keep generating headlines after the round has finished.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Blog Entries
    Can't believe the confident suspension predictions. How would anyone have a clue what the MRP are going to do?

I think both deserve a suspension but wouldn't be surprised with any result. Neither Tiger was hurt which should help our cause.
    Tippett should get a week just for being a dumb ass.

Blog Entries
    2's report:
    State league affiliate: Sydney Swans (NEAFL)
    This weekend: Sydney Swans v Sydney University - Friday June 26, 4.10pm, SCG

Brandon Jack has put himself in the box seat to earn a recall to the senior team after being best afield for the Swans in Friday night's curtain raiser.

Jack, the younger brother of Swans co-captain Kieren, racked up 29 touches, while also booting two majors. He also had seven tackles.

Dean Towers did his senior chances little harm with 21 disposals and a goal.

George Hewett, pick No.32 in the 2013 draft, also impressed with 20 disposals and 10 tackles.
    Around the state leagues: Who fired or flopped for your club in this weekend's second tier? - AFL.com.au

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I recall Nathan Burke explaining the process on Grandstand a couple of months ago.
    Now this is testing my memory ... each member gets a 3-4 games to watch, not all see every game but they do overlap.
    They then meet on Monday and go through any reports and any incidents they spotted on their review.
    The details are then announced Monday arvo sometime.
    The delay might be in being able to get the all the MRP together numerous times over the weekend?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I recall Nathan Burke explaining the process on Grandstand a couple of months ago.
    Now this is testing my memory ... each member gets a 3-4 games to watch, not all see every game but they do overlap.
    They then meet on Monday and go through any reports and any incidents they spotted on their review.
    The details are then announced Monday arvo sometime.
    The delay might be in being able to get the all the MRP together numerous times over the weekend?
    I think you're pretty much spot on. Unacceptable process at this level in my view.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    I am surprised at the MRP members reviewing games for incidents. I would have expected this to be performed by a group of two or three umpires (or umpiring department staff) who they refer through to the MRP incidents they believe need to be reviewed.

Both players can accept 1 game, Goodes obviously cleared. Nathan Gordon also cleared but I thought his was worse than Tippett's.

Blog Entries
    How was Gordon cleared??
    He didn't even give a way a free for that!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Both players can accept 1 game, Goodes obviously cleared. Nathan Gordon also cleared but I thought his was worse than Tippett's.
    1 week for Buddy was what I suspected. I thought that Tippett would get a fine based on the Firritto incident. Forward line will be interesting this week.

Can't believe Gordon got off. They said "glancing contact"...what a load of rubbish.

Will be interesting to see if they appeal the Tippett decision...bit of a free hit given that we have Brisbane following the Port game. Having said that though I'd be shocked if we did challenge it.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast