Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 14 V Port Power

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I've got a feeling we'll go small this week if Pyke is available.

Pyke, Jack, Towers - IN
    Buddy, Tippett, Derrickx - OUT

Pyke to ruck 80% with a bit of help from Reid and Towers.
    I've got a horrible feeling Horse will keep Derrickx in the side...

OUT : Tippett, Franklin

IN : Pyke, Jack or Towers

Hope I'm wrong...And it is:

OUT : Tippett, Franklin, Derrickx

IN : Pyke, Jack, Anyone other than Towers
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    1 week for Buddy was what I suspected. I thought that Tippett would get a fine based on the Firritto incident. Forward line will be interesting this week.

Can't believe Gordon got off. They said "glancing contact"...what a load of rubbish.
    The AFL have basically given the green light for players to go around delivering 'glancing' elbows to the head, unless you're a Swan of course......it's pathetic. Same thoughts on the Firitto/Tippett comparison. Firittos was more deliberate, anyone could see that, it's obvious he didn't have a 'should have gone to Specsavers moment', whereas Tippetts was just plain clumsy, and far less deliberate. It sucks to be the 'club in everyone's sights' at the moment......I think everyone, ie; all fans, can see what's going on re; the Swans, but are all sitting back in smug satisfaction and either keeping conveniently quiet, or talking total crap to justify the unfair impediments our club is now suffering. Totally sucks.....

OUT : Tippett, Franklin, Shaw

IN : Pyke, Towers, if fit McGlynn if not then Jack

We should appeal Tippett Suspension. How can he, with his clean record, get the same penalty as Buddy with his long record, and nearly knocking the bloke out.

Tippets elbow was no worse than Firrito's fist.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We should appeal Tippett Suspension. How can he, with his clean record, get the same penalty as Buddy with his long record, and nearly knocking the bloke out.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Buddy and Tippo have [had] clean records - past misdemeanors obviously too long ago in both cases.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Don't know why but am surprised with the Tippett decision.
    -

For me and I never get I never get it right. Assuming Pyke is fit play.

Out: Franklin, Tippett, Derickz, Shaw
    In: Nankervis, Hewett, Pyke, BJ

My initial thoughts were to play Reid at CHF. But he matches up really well with Westhoff. So I am going to throw a wild one out there. How about Kennedy play CHF? Takes a good mark, generally kicks straight and has a big tank. Not many defenders will be able to run with him all day. Bring in Hewett to play in the guts, Nankervis to play FF and provide ruck relief, Jones to start in place of Shaw, and BJ the sub.

I wonder if Bo will play as a FF/Occasional ruck if Pyke is fit? If so, it might just be Pyke and either BJ or the Delirium Tremens who come in.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    For me and I never get I never get it right. Assuming Pyke is fit play.

Out: Franklin, Tippett, Derickz, Shaw
    In: Nankervis, Hewett, Pyke, BJ

My initial thoughts were to play Reid at CHF. But he matches up really well with Westhoff. So I am going to throw a wild one out there. How about Kennedy play CHF? Takes a good mark, generally kicks straight and has a big tank. Not many defenders will be able to run with him all day. Bring in Hewett to play in the guts, Nankervis to play FF and provide ruck relief, Jones to start in place of Shaw, and BJ the sub.
    Those are the changes I would make as well. But there are a few considerations. One is that Both Nankervis and Hewett would be playing their first games, so I think Hewett would be sub in that case. It's a tossup for me between BJ and Towers.

We seem to be sending both Parker and Kennedy forward more, so maybe that trend will continue. They both are good contested marks. Unfortunately, JPK has not been kicking well, although he did nail a nice one from 50 out on Friday.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    ...How about Kennedy play CHF? ...
    Not bad, he could rotate with Parker also a strong mark and good kick.
    I think that along with the suggestion of playing the Rooster at FF would be a good set up.
    I would still like to see Reg have a go playing out of the goal square, not a whole game though.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I'd be brining Heeney in if he is fit. I know this may be disagreed with but if he genuinely fit then I think he is just too good to leave in the twos and he isn't genuinely fit then he shouldn't be playing anywhere

We are rooted if Pyke is out but assuming he is in I'd go

IN: Nankervis, Pyke, Heeney, Hewett
    OUT: Tippet, Franklin, Shaw, Derrickx

I'd start Jones in Shaw's slot and have Hewett as the sub.

Nankervis and Goodes in the FF line with Reid at CHF. I'd play Parker up front to try and give us some grunt

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast