Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddy & Tippett

So if it was one our players that got cleaned up in the same circumstances I gather most on here would everybody be happy ??

I think we are lucky that both tiger players got up and can fully understand why the club did not appeal

Veterans List
    I find it laughable that Carlton's Trigg was complaining about Buddy's 1 week when Gibbs received 2 weeks. Well gee maybe it was because they were two completely different incidents, (one a tackle and the other a bump). Also Gray was concussed, hence the difference in the severity.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I find it laughable that Carlton's Trigg was complaining about Buddy's 1 week when Gibbs received 2 weeks. Well gee maybe it was because they were two completely different incidents, (one a tackle and the other a bump). Also Gray was concussed, hence the difference in the severity.
    I find it laughable that Trigg still has a job at an AFL club.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Of course Trigg is complaining because his actions got Kurt Tippett a six month suspension.

i expected a 3 with a 2 for an early plea. I think this is quite good. Nipper should have got a 2 with a 1 for an early and Tip the same. But I notice Nip got nothing. On a different note did anyone notice how Buddy just simply didn't put in after getting reported. He just let the report get to him and went right off his game. He didn't chase and his efforts were ordinary. A little bit of sulking me thinks. But even if it was just being put off game due to being reported he really needs to get rid of that from his game. The aggression I don't mind as he is showing he is committed but this lack of being involved because of his mind not being on the job. Needs to train himself to get over the setbacks quickly. Although the umpires knew if he was reported during the game he would react too. Interesting they didn't leave the report to match review and chose to report during the game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    So if it was one our players that got cleaned up in the same circumstances I gather most on here would everybody be happy ??

I think we are lucky that both tiger players got up and can fully understand why the club did not appeal
    Look Buddy got 2 weeks for poorly executing a legal act. No damage done luckily to the player.

I'd be happy with that if it was reversed.

The debate around the interpretations the MRP operate within and the discounts due to priors is separate.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    i expected a 3 with a 2 for an early plea. I think this is quite good. Nipper should have got a 2 with a 1 for an early and Tip the same. But I notice Nip got nothing. On a different note did anyone notice how Buddy just simply didn't put in after getting reported. He just let the report get to him and went right off his game. He didn't chase and his efforts were ordinary. A little bit of sulking me thinks. But even if it was just being put off game due to being reported he really needs to get rid of that from his game. The aggression I don't mind as he is showing he is committed but this lack of being involved because of his mind not being on the job. Needs to train himself to get over the setbacks quickly. Although the umpires knew if he was reported during the game he would react too. Interesting they didn't leave the report to match review and chose to report during the game.
    The whole freakin' team gave up directly after Buddy was reported.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    usually to make stance if they thought the act was strong and they were in no doubt.

Anyone else surprised buddy didn't get put into the midfield to get his hands on the ball/spark up?

Gibbs slung Gray, with Gray's arms pinned to his side so he had no way of protecting himself, and slammed Gray's head into the ground. It is horrible to watch the video. Gray was stretchered off the ground and then subbed off with concussion. So the grading for impact was obviously going to be 'high'.

All AFL players know they will be penalised for sling tackles. Mumford was suspended for two weeks on each of at least two occasions when playing for us for sling tackles. Trigg has nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post

Anyone else surprised buddy didn't get put into the midfield to get his hands on the ball/spark up?
    I would have been surprised except that we already had Tippett, Reid and Derickx running around the midfield so they could all cover for each other at the stoppages, so there wasn't any room for another forward. I agree that it was strange. I couldn't understand our structure the whole game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would have been surprised except that we already had Tippett, Reid and Derickx running around the midfield so they could all cover for each other at the stoppages, so there wasn't any room for another forward. I agree that it was strange. I couldn't understand our structure the whole game.
    Yeah i just don't think we change it up enough and run buddy through the midfield at times.

Been interstate, so I'm a bit late on this thread.

I called 2 reduced to one for Buddy, so I'm happy with that.

I also called a fine for Tippett as I saw it as low impact and more careless than intentional.
    If Kurt got a week, I'm surprised that Buddy's fist to the back of the head a couple of weeks ago slipped straight through with no penalty...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123