Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Best 22 - Midseason Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I completely disagree. We give away a lot of potential goals because the ball comes out of our forward 50 too easily. We are one of the worst teams in the league for failing to convert from our inside 50 entries and I believe that's in large part due to our lack of roving small forwards. Putting in more tall timber will only exacerbate this major weakness.
    I agree. That's why I've suggested that we drop Pyke and make Tippo our #1 ruckman and replace him with a small pressure forward. I think we will fare better once we get McGlynn and Heeney back in the side. And if BJ can only produce at senior level what he does in the NEAFL, we'll have another quick tackling forward to add to that.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    After one quarter of football Jones is in our best 22 I don't think so.
    We need to kick more goals whether that means Tippet plays solely as a deep forward and we find another back up ruckman or we keep Reid forward and play another tall defender. It makes our forward line tall but we played our best footy with a tall forward line and getting the ball in quickly.
    Hasn't done much wrong (50m penalty aside) in any of the games he's played. Was a first round draft pick as well after winning Vic Metro's MVP at the national champs in 2013...if we don't show some faith in our high selections then we shouldn't be picking them in ther first place.

With an extended run at it - hopefully the back half of this season - Jones will comfortably be in our 22.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12