Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14: Sydney v Port Adelaide

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Got one....

Great option Jones!

- - - Updated - - -

And again.

Slipping and missing tackles. Playing in sandshoes...

Veterans List
    Our tackling has been terrible!
    And how many times is the ball on the bottom of the pack and a Port player just picks the ball up and runs away??

I don't normally complain about umpiring but tonight it has been terrible. Especially the holding the ball, throwing the ball decisions. We get pinned straight away!

Reasonable first half but we had the run of the play in that second quarter but only got just under 2 kicks in front. Got a bad feeling they might run over the top of us like the tiggers did last week.

Big second half coming up - we need to win tonight.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I agree about Shaw. I like our de-centralised forward line. Toby has shown plenty. Reid and Joey have been really good. Our defence starting to show some cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think it's important to recognise the good that Shaw does as well as the numerous clangers. However when he was about to take that kick in, I was nervous. And sure enough it resulted in a momentum swinging goal to Port. Aaaaarrrgghh.
    I really think I need to take the time to make a video compilation of all the goals Shaw gives away directly on pointless turnovers/poor disposal. It has to be at least 4 a game and he's certainly not setting up that many in return.

Josh Kennedy a handy 102 dream team points at half time. Umpiring still doing my head in. Especially the decision to penalise Lloyd for a textbook tackle, which should have resulted in him taking a shot at goal from around ten metres out.

We used to be so good a clearing the ball out of danger from around our defensive 50. Now we seem to miss tackles and it almost always leads to easy goals. Ted getting beaten too often in 1 on 1s. Our defense in general looks shaky. I know that Shaw is finished, but Ted is a worry, because we don't have a replacement for him yet.

On the bright side, Nankervis is looking good. We're doing okay so far. Kennedy is having a blinder. Can we step it up in the 2nd half?

Without two big towers we are kicking way better in front of our forwards, not on their heads, allowing our forwards to take marks on the lead.

What about Judes jacket.. A Vinnies special ?

Why can't Richards bump Westoff off his line within 5m , instead of it being done to him repeatedly .
    Looks so bad .
    They are functioning very well with Bud n Tip sipping mineral water in the stands .
    I like it .

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast