Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Phil Walsh - Adelaide Crows Coach

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Devastating...completely unfathomable. Makes football seem so irrelevant.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Goes up to 11
    Tragic.
    I hope they let the Crows postpone this weekend's match- they shouldn't be made to play in such terrible circumstances.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Terrible, terrible news to hear.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Tragic.
    I hope they let the Crows postpone this weekend's match- they shouldn't be made to play in such terrible circumstances.
    I share your sentiments : it was awful to wake up to that news this morning.
    But the harsh fact is that the competition continued during two world wars : so , whilst I would love to be wrong , I doubt the game will be postponed.

EDIT : Looks like it might be the club's decision whether or not to play :
    "The club confirmed it had made no decision as to whether it would play either on Saturday in the the SANFL or against Geelong at Adelaide Oval on Sunday afternoon."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    I share your sentiments : it was awful to wake up to that news this morning.
    But the harsh fact is that the competition continued during two world wars : so , whilst I would love to be wrong , I doubt the game will be postponed.

EDIT : Looks like it might be the club's decision whether or not to play :
    "The club confirmed it had made no decision as to whether it would play either on Saturday in the the SANFL or against Geelong at Adelaide Oval on Sunday afternoon."
    It is a harsh fact and had the game been tonight or even tomorrow I would expect them not to play but given the game is on Sunday ........ I dunno. Everyone handles these things very differently and there may be a bit of "Phil would want us play" kind of vibe? Again, who knows. It is just such a devastating situation.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Very shocking and sad news.

There is some talk in the media of cancelling this round (probably declaring all games drawn) or postponing and pushing the season back a week. I guess the AFL and all the clubs are talking right now. I'd guess this is an unprecedented event, but how to respond is being discussed with reference to Phil Hughes' death, where all games were cancelled.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Absolutely shocking. RIP... I have this sneaking suspicion that that scourge of a drug "Ice" is involved in this.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Veterans List
    No matter how tragic you cannot just cancel a round as it has effects for all teams, particularly the winners who are robbed of the four points. It would mean we played our guts out last night and copped a severe injury to an important player for nothing.

If Adelaide choose not to play, that is their rightful choice as then only they miss out on the four points. Geelong aren't disadvantaged as they will get the four points for the forfeit, nor will the other seven winners be affected.

Show respect for the tragedy but don't stuff up a whole years finishing order, it could cost a rightful team the flag.
    Really little comparison to cricket cancelling games.

Unbelievable. So very sad and so utterly pointless.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Absolutely shocking. RIP... I have this sneaking suspicion that that scourge of a drug "Ice" is involved in this.
    Yes I have that gut feeling ... if you see people under its influence anything is possible.

This tragic event will/has sent a tidal wave of pain so wide.

Veterans List
    This is just so tragic. I still can't believe it.

I can't see how the players will be able to play.

Tragic news. Thoughts with the Walsh family, friends and the Adelaide FC.
    Swannies for life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast