Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Phil Walsh - Adelaide Crows Coach

Senior Player
    Well done to the AFL : I expected the game to go ahead , but I'm pleased to be wrong. The correct decision.

Blog Entries
    McLachlan: We've decided that the game on Sunday between Adelaide and Geelong will not go ahead.

McLachlan: The premiership points will be split between the two clubs as per the AFL rules. The remaining seven games will go ahead.

Phil Walsh tragedy: rolling coverage - AFL.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    McLachlan: We've decided that the game on Sunday between Adelaide and Geelong will not go ahead.
    McLachlan: The premiership points will be split between the two clubs as per the AFL rules. The remaining seven games will go ahead.
    Very sensible decision on a difficult day for all concerned.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good decision by the AFL.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

It's hard to get your head around.
    A car accident or illness you kinda go "@@@@," but there's a rational there.
    A murder incomprehensible.
    Not a day for football rivalries but a day for football to be a community.

Titus O'Reilly had a good response

I don't like the Hawks or Clarko but that was a nice touch at the end of the pies Hawks game, apparently instigated by Clarko , who was a friend of Phil Walsh's I understand.

Yes , that was impressive straight after an intense game . Well done to Clarkson.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I don't like the Hawks or Clarko but that was a nice touch at the end of the pies Hawks game, apparently instigated by Clarko , who was a friend of Phil Walsh's I understand.
    They were assistant coaches at West Coast under Worsfold for a number of years, and were close friends apparently. It was a nice touch. Also nice was the AFL crowd reminding NRL crowds how to respect a minutes silence. All Class. RIP Phil Walsh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Yes , that was impressive straight after an intense game . Well done to Clarkson.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They were assistant coaches at West Coast under Worsfold for a number of years, and were close friends apparently. It was a nice touch. Also nice was the AFL crowd reminding NRL crowds how to respect a minutes silence. All Class. RIP Phil Walsh.....
    Agree totally. The community should be proud with this gesture.

Veterans List
    Yes I agree that it was a fantastic gesture at the end of the game. They were enemies for 3 hours and to come together like that was uplifting.

And congrats to the crowd for remaining silent during the minutes silence. Doesn't happen very often.

Gotta give Penrith & Souths in the NRL kudos - they had a minutes silence prior to their game- and it was silent. Good call by the Panthers. The AFL did the right thing here with the draw/2 points for each team - sensible solution considering the circumstances. Put your scarves or footy jumpers out the front in respect - surprised at the numbers of houses in the Shire That have done it. Well done - if it's an Ice binge that his son was on - what can you say other than its a scourge and has to stop!!! RIP Phil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123