Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 15 V Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I think this is the most likely scenario. Cunningham may make way for McGlynn also.
    I think Cunningham will be in the starting 21, on the basis of the pace he brings to the team. I thought he did well last night when he came on, and kicked the important goal at the end as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We don't really have an easy solution to our ruck situation. Pyke is still the same and not giving us enough from that position. Although Nankervis did okay for a first gamer, he still has a long way to go to be a ruckman for a side going for a premiership. There is still a chance that Naismith can give it a shot once he overcomes his groin injury. Otherwise, our best chance is to use the combination of Tippett and Reid.
    To me, the ruck situation for the rest of 2015 is simple. Whilst Pyke clearly is not at the levels of other years, he is still clearly our best ruckman, and will play when fit (although one might argue Tippett's ruck work is pretty decent as well).

I think Pyke will not play next weekend given how sore he was last night , on the basis that the Lions are missing Stefan Martin, and hence we can probably manage with a combo of Nankervis/Tippett (With Tippett taking more of the ruck load) - on the hope Pyke can be a bit fitter for what is a critical 5 weeks after that where we need Pyke in the team and doing well in the ruck. If that goes well, I expect he will miss a couple of the last three games (depending on where we are on the ladder and top 2/4 permutations.

2016 may be a different story. A good pre-season from Nankervis and/or Naismith might push them to a point where they are close enough in the ruck area to give them an edge over Pyke, given his issues around the ground.

For the Lions, I think we will see:
    Out: Pyke, Rohan
    In: Buddy, Tippett.

Maybe a fringe change (Towers or Cunningham most likely) to get BJ or Hewett in, but I think its more likely that they'll move Cunningham back to starting and Towers perhaps back to sub.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Towers papers should be stamped...

He's been given plenty of chances, and has proved to be a soft and ineffectual footballer at senior AFL level.

If Bird, McGlynn and Heeney are still out, then I'd prefer we brought in B Jack.

So for me :

OUT : Rohan, Nankervis, Towers

IN : Jack, Tippett, Franklin

As a foot note, Shaw needs to finish his career mentoring in the 2's...He was really poor last night..again.
    But I get the feeling he's got a few more stinkers in him before he gets dropped.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 3rd July 2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Towers papers should be stamped...

He's been given plenty of chances, and has proved to be a soft and ineffectual footballer at senior AFL level.
    Agree, did bugger all last night, Nankers had as many touches!

McGlynn is still weeks away, will need to be fit and at least one maybe two in the NEAFL before a recall. Heeney on limited time this week, will need two full games in the NEAFL. Should be available about the same time as Rohan gets back.

But first and foremost get Towers out!

Considering Ted was already back on the bench by the end of the game, and that we have a 9 day break before our next match, I suspect he'll be right. Changes, as usual, won't happen for the sake of it.

In: Tippett, Franklin
    Out: Rohan, Nankervis
    Sub: Towers

If Pyke is out again, Nankervis may keep his place but I still think TD is more likely.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Towers does my absolute head in but history says that when they persist with a bloke like that in the seniors, it's usually for good reason. They must see something in him. I just wish I could see it too.

Senior Player
    Towers was BOG last NEAFL game, wasn't he? To me he looks low on confidence, snatching, fumbling, dropping marks, like he expects to make a mistake. He needs a break out game to bring his NEAFL confidence to the AFL.

Still, he should now hold his spot until either Rohan, McGlynn or Heeney are ready. I'm interested in who won't be in the team when Heeney, McGlynn and Rohan are back in. Towers, Cunningham and... Shaw? Reckon that third spot is between Shaw and Jones. Jones was promising last night - that sprint out of defence to (I think) set up our last goal was very exciting.

No change

Opti-pessi-misti

What I think will happen not what I 'd like

IN: Tippett, Franklin; Rohan; Hewett
    OUT: Pyke; Heeney; McGlynn; Cunningham

Towers does my head in but clearly they see something in him so let's just give him 3-4 games in a row and then make a final judgement. I'm also keen to see Nanka given a good taste this year and I'd like to think Zak is now in for good.

Harry is becoming a bit of a fall guy but I'd like to see Hewett given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    What I think will happen not what I 'd like

IN: Tippett, Franklin; Rohan; Hewett
    OUT: Pyke; Heeney; McGlynn; Cunningham

Towers does my head in but clearly they see something in him so let's just give him 3-4 games in a row and then make a final judgement. I'm also keen to see Nanka given a good taste this year and I'd like to think Zak is now in for good.

Harry is becoming a bit of a fall guy but I'd like to see Hewett given a chance.
    Why do you think McGlynn and Heeney will be dropped ? I'm curious.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The one everyone seems to be forgetting is Robinson. He's been named in the reserves team tomorrow and by that I assume he's over that leg injury. If so, he will be one of the leading candidates to replace Rohan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast