Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 15 V Brisbane Lions

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Maybe were are lucky the Eski is not still playing with us. He is making Shaw look like Gary Ablett Junior. Kicking is absolutely sh@@@@@@.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    With a ten day break between games, Ted should be fine, but as it is Brisbane, they may be conservative with him, and give someone else a go down there. Reid maybe, with Bud and Tip returning.
    10 day break is only 4 days short of a bye ...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In: franklin, Tippett, Robinson, Hiscox
    Out: Rohan

Extended bench is
    Harry Cunningham Jack Hiscox Zak Jones Jake Lloyd Tom Mitchell Toby Nankervis Daniel Robinson (Three to be omitted)

im guessing Hiscox Nankervis and Robinson will be the emergencies

Towers holds his spot after yet another fumbling , ineffectual, soft, performance...

I officially have a new whipping boy....McVeigh was my last one, so I hope I'm as wrong about this guy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Towers might not play although being named in starting lineup says a lot... If he does play I hope he's the sub. I imagine it will be nankervis that's going to miss out. Franklin Tippett the only ins.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Towers holds his spot after yet another fumbling , ineffectual, soft, performance...

I officially have a new whipping boy....McVeigh was my last one, so I hope I'm as wrong about this guy.
    Unfortunately Towers is in 2nd position behind Shaw as Whipping Boy's. Drafted as an mature draftee, 22 years old, from bendigo, i think, but will never be able to take a lot of marks and ground ball wins will be nearly zero. I am giving Harry a little more time and as he has Towers covered, meaning that Towers is in a lot of trouble if Heeney, Robbo and Hiscox are coming.

Which one of the players will run with Pierce Hanley, Towers, Cunningham or Hiscox? Usually harry gets that job.

Veterans List
    Gee they cut Shaw some slack.

I think if Shaw kicked to his dad in the crowd, 5 times, and would still be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Towers might not play although being named in starting lineup says a lot... If he does play I hope he's the sub. I imagine it will be nankervis that's going to miss out. Franklin Tippett the only ins.
    You forget Teddy might be out anyway due to concussion.

After seeing Sammys 1st half performance last week, and considering how Buddy centric we are becoming ( to our detriment I feel) I'd like to see the two of them swap between deep forward and Wing at points during games. I think it would mix things up and keep the opposition guessing. They both move well up the field, and kick well to position. They offer different things as forward though ( buddy more on lead, at ground level, Reid more aerial capability) and I think that could catch teams off guard with their match ups. At the very least we would be forced to look for other options, as we were against Port, and I think that will be key if we're going to challenge this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    After seeing Sammys 1st half performance last week, and considering how Buddy centric we are becoming ( to our detriment I feel) I'd like to see the two of them swap between deep forward and Wing at points during games. I think it would mix things up and keep the opposition guessing. They both move well up the field, and kick well to position. They offer different things as forward though ( buddy more on lead, at ground level, Reid more aerial capability) and I think that could catch teams off guard with their match ups. At the very least we would be forced to look for other options, as we were against Port, and I think that will be key if we're going to challenge this year.
    You know I read a lot of dross on this website and others about our team and various players etc.

And then every so often I come across a pearl where someone has something reasonably original to say. And it makes wading through all the dross worthwhile.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast