Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 15 V Brisbane Lions

Changes for Rnd 15 V Brisbane Lions

Ins. Tippett, Franklin, McGlynn and Birdy or Robbo.
    Outs. Rohan, Nankervis, Towers, and hopefully Shaw.

McGlynn isn't even playing reserves this week, Bird is out with an AC and Robbo sprained his ankle. No way they'll get up for next week.

In: Buddy, Tippett, Heeney, Hewett
    Out: Shaw, Pyke, Towers, Rohan

If Teddy's no good then I guess Aliir or X. Richards will have to play.

Veteran Site Admin
    I can see Towers keeping his spot. He's the closest thing we have to Rohan in terms of speed and position. I also think 'Shaw out' is more wishful thinking than something the coaches are likely to have top of mind.

If Heeney comes through tomorrow's reserves game OK (and looks ready to take up where he left off), he might come in for Rohan. He can play a similar mid-sized forward role.

Ted will probably be fine. But if he isn't, I'd just move Reid back to defence for the game. Brisbane aren't exactly over-endowed with dangerous tall forwards anyway.

Those are my wish fulfilment choices. I think in reality it will be:

In: Buddy, Tippett
    Out: Nankervis, Rohan

I think they'll go slow on Heeney.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Those are my wish fulfilment choices. I think in reality it will be:

In: Buddy, Tippett
    Out: Nankervis, Rohan

I think they'll go slow on Heeney.
    I think this is the most likely scenario. Cunningham may make way for McGlynn also.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I can see Towers keeping his spot. He's the closest thing we have to Rohan in terms of speed and position. I also think 'Shaw out' is more wishful thinking than something the coaches are likely to have top of mind.

If Heeney comes through tomorrow's reserves game OK (and looks ready to take up where he left off), he might come in for Rohan. He can play a similar mid-sized forward role.

Ted will probably be fine. But if he isn't, I'd just move Reid back to defence for the game. Brisbane aren't exactly over-endowed with dangerous tall forwards anyway.
    Sorry Liz, I still cant see what Towers offers. Maybe he can run fast but it sure isnt anywhere near the ball.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar

Comparing apples?

Swans vs Port stats

Stats.jpg

SHAW 226 games, fumbles don't count - JONES 6 games.

Pretty easy, keep JONES

Veterans List
    After seeing Pyke in the rooms after the game I think he will be in doubt. He was limping and he had a grimace on his face. Yes I know he normally looks unhappy but he looked in a lot of pain.

Definitely didn't look like a player that had a few weeks off. Looks like a chronic knee issue.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think we'd be better of taking the cautious approach with Ted...give him the week off then let him come back fit and fresh for the Hawks the round after.

So in saying that:

OUT - Rohan, Richards, Cunningham

IN - Buddy, Tip, Heeney.

This is providing that Isaac gets through 80-90% of gametine tomorrow, bring him in against Brisbane to get his touch back and find some form before the Hawks clash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    McGlynn isn't even playing reserves this week,.
    Is this confirmed? It sounded like he was good to go!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I think we'd be better of taking the cautious approach with Ted...give him the week off then let him come back fit and fresh for the Hawks the round after.

So in saying that:

OUT - Rohan, Richards, Cunningham

IN - Buddy, Tip, Heeney.

This is providing that Isaac gets through 80-90% of gametine tomorrow, bring him in against Brisbane to get his touch back and find some form before the Hawks clash.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this confirmed? It sounded like he was good to go!
    A bit tall? Pyke, Nanka, Typo and Buddy along with Goodesy.
    Maybe rest Pyke and bring in Jack the younger?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

We don't really have an easy solution to our ruck situation. Pyke is still the same and not giving us enough from that position. Although Nankervis did okay for a first gamer, he still has a long way to go to be a ruckman for a side going for a premiership. There is still a chance that Naismith can give it a shot once he overcomes his groin injury. Otherwise, our best chance is to use the combination of Tippett and Reid.

I don't think we should critique Shaw and Towers the same way. Shaw has been a good player for a long time, but is clearly on his way out and is barely hanging on to a senior position. He's probably better suited to a forward defensive role for now and likely to be dropped in due course. Towers, on the other hand, is still improving, albeit more slowly than most of us would have hoped. He wasn't that bad against PA. It would be a fair call to say he didn't contribute enough. He may not make it, but given the number of senior games he's had, I wouldn't write him off just yet. We may have to keep in in the team given the number of injuries we have atm. We should also remember that 2009 draftees Rohan and Jetta had much of the same criticism leveled against them before this year, not getting involved enough and for Jetta, too soft. Towers is a 2012 draftee, so he still should be given time to correct his deficiencies.

It's too soon to say whether either McGlynn or Heeney will be ready for the Brisbane game. It looks as if we should have a lot of players coming good the following week but for now I can see:

Out: Rohan, Pyke, Nankervis
    In: Tippett, Buddy, Hewett or KJ

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast