Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for Rnd 15 V Brisbane Lions

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    How would you know if he were up to NEAFL level or not you never see NEAFL living in Melbourne? He is a star at NEAFL level, kicked 4 goals two weeks ago and had 22 playing forward, basically FF. He almost does great things as MH said. Pity he just can't go that step further. He has played some very useful games for us this season, especially early in the season. Some of those early games he was having to pick up Goodsie's man as well as his own because he was so badly out of sorts. He will either come good or be another Jesse.
    Re watch yesterday game and tell me he is up to the level.
    Cheers

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Re watch yesterday game and tell me he is up to the level.
    Cheers
    He didn't play NEAFL yesterday.

I don't think anyone was disagreeing with your suggestion Towers has done nothing yet to suggest he's of AFL standard, but your comment he wasn't up to NEAFL standard was clearly off the mark. Lots of players are excellent at NEAFL (or WAFL or VFL) level but can't make the step up.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He didn't play NEAFL yesterday.

I don't think anyone was disagreeing with your suggestion Towers has done nothing yet to suggest he's of AFL standard, but your comment he wasn't up to NEAFL standard was clearly off the mark. Lots of players are excellent at NEAFL (or WAFL or VFL) level but can't make the step up.
    Spot on Liz. Yesterday again there were glimpses of what Towers can do, but he just hasn't been able to step up as some of us have hoped he would to the top grade so far. I don't think he is top 22 with everyone fit and firing, but he is on the cusp. And he certainly has turned in some excellent NEAFL performances so far this season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567