Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants @ Blacktown International Sports Park

Opti-pessi-misti
    Abe Davis is the only one I would have given a pass mark to.

I decided to watch the live stream knowing that half the team were toppies but I was not prepared for such a comprehensive demolition. It was almost embarrassing to watch. It would have been better not to have fielded a team at all I think.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Longmire and Harley were there watching. Longmire had a stats sheet and he was scribbling furiously on it but he didn't seem to be watching the game when I noticed him in the last quarter

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Longmire and Harley were there watching. Longmire had a stats sheet and he was scribbling furiously on it but he didn't seem to be watching the game when I noticed him in the last quarter
    delisted

Goes up to 11
    Not a complete surprise given the amount of a grade talent in the GWS Ressies team.

I'm sure Jed has spent the last year and a half dreaming about tearing the Swans apart. I'm sure he didn't envisage it to be in the Reserves.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Was sorry to see him go but was prob for the best in the end.

Serves as a cautionary tale for our other youngsters.

Veterans List
    BJ the only positive in that lot. Even in a comprehensive thrashing he managed good numbers so he finally seems to be finding the ball better than previously.

Bitterly disappointed in my boy George, hell I'm even thinking of jumping off the bandwagon.

It really does show the depth of class on the GWS list. A juggernaught that will roll big time next year and more high draft picks again this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Was sorry to see him go but was prob for the best in the end. Serves as a cautionary tale for our other youngsters.
    Lamb went for the 3 yrs at $300k as much as playing opportunities. When he left I said he wouldn't get many games given the massive amount of top ten picks on their list. Will get quietly delisted at the end of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I suppose the only upside is that with the number of talented players on the GWS list that aren't likely to get a senior game and the Giants shrinking salary cap there is a chance that some of them could end up on the Swans list.
    I get no joy our of thinking that we will get GWS' cast offs...

Their list is an AFL issue and it is a Frankenstein club. From my initial observations they had six top 10 draft picks in their ressies. This is insane

They have the deepest list on the league and the worst case is that they get traded for healthy picks which further allows future picks. Plus they have the two gun academy picks they have done nothing to develop unlike us.

These guys just need to keep their heads and they will win 5 flags in a row.

I can just imagine the howls down south

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    BJ the only positive in that lot. Even in a comprehensive thrashing he managed good numbers so he finally seems to be finding the ball better than previously.

Bitterly disappointed in my boy George, hell I'm even thinking of jumping off the bandwagon.

It really does show the depth of class on the GWS list. A juggernaught that will roll big time next year and more high draft picks again this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Lamb went for the 3 yrs at $300k as much as playing opportunities. When he left I said he wouldn't get many games given the massive amount of top ten picks on their list. Will get quietly delisted at the end of next season.

Good luck to Lamb - if he is smart with his cash he will be able to have a nice place fully paid off by the age of 24.

I would also think he'd get a chance at a third club like a Melbourne or St Kilda but maybe not at $300K a year

Senior Player
    Half that side was established AFL grade players including several coming back from injury or kept out of the seniors for structural reasons (Phillips should be playing ahead of Lobb).

Even the ones who are not stars and may never make it in the AFL, they're still of a standard to carve up a reserves competition. Like a team of Bulldog Moores and Mitch Mortons.

Absolute mismatch, nothing to be done about it really.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty decent side for the Giants to be able to field, especially considering they've got a bunch of injuries.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Good luck to Lamb - if he is smart with his cash he will be able to have a nice place fully paid off by the age of 24.

I would also think he'd get a chance at a third club like a Melbourne or St Kilda but maybe not at $300K a year
    Yep, I'd be surprised if Jed doesn't get a run at another club if GWS lets him go (I'm not entirely certain they will let him go). I think he's just fallen victim to being a forward in a deep squad that usually uses those spots for midfielders, and Devon Smith has had the small forward spot sewn up for a while. It's like he's trying to compete for a spot with half a dozen Heeneys that they want o get games into.

I'm sure the Giants, and other clubs, are aware of this.

Veterans List
    I think this all shows our depth beyond our top 25 or so players suddenly wears a bit thin. Some of these younger lads need to step it up soon, if they're capable, or the crap 'trade ban' will really start to hurt us down the track. The 'VFL boys club' is achieving their aim, it seems.........a**holes!

Veterans List
    Said it pre season and it's looking obvious now - we have very little depth compared to the other contenders. Keep those fingers crossed we don't have injuries.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast