Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
I think this all shows our depth beyond our top 25 or so players suddenly wears a bit thin. Some of these younger lads need to step it up soon, if they're capable, or the crap 'trade ban' will really start to hurt us down the track. The 'VFL boys club' is achieving their aim, it seems.........a**holes!
I don't think too much should be made of our side consisting of inexperienced players and a poor group of toppies being slaughtered by a very good GWS group. Perhaps some criticism is in order for throwing in the towel after the result was obvious.

As for the trade ban, as unjust as it is, probably didn't have much effect on our depth. If we are talking about Patfull, I don't think adding a 30 yo Laidler sized defender is much of a solution going forward. As for this coming year, we probably have priced ourselves out of the any big signing anyway due to salary cap constraints. It's more the COLA cancellation than the trade ban that is restricting our ability to bring in players.

We've made a number of personnel decisions around getting Tippett and Franklin that we will have to live with for a while. Add to that our choice of KPP draftees and you have our future prospects in a nutshell. It's hard to predict how it will all turn out.