Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zak Jones potential future leader for the Swans

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Yep I'm loving jones coming into the team. Him and heeney look the two recent young guys who look at home in the afl and look like they'll make it. The other guys like towers Robinson BJ etc are all looking pretty flakey.

I'd have to agree with that.
    Not to say the others won't come on, but these guys look more like they have the goods.

On a side note, I think the local whipping boy Grundy deserves a shout out.
    I've been a critic at times, but he seems a lot more solid than before, and with less mistakes.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think everyone is being overly harsh on Robinson. I'd argue that he's looked far more up to it than Towers and B.Jack (who I both think are capable of making it FWIW).

The start to his career has reminded me of Lloyd's to date and I don't see any reason why it can't follow a similar trajectory.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I think everyone is being overly harsh on Robinson. I'd argue that he's looked far more up to it than Towers and B.Jack (who I both think are capable of making it FWIW).

The start to his career has reminded me of Lloyd's to date and I don't see any reason why it can't follow a similar trajectory.
    Agree, I'm also not getting the 'Robinson's not up to it' talk.

I've seen a lot of him in the seconds and he's made a pretty good fist of the step up in class to the seniors and has hardly looked like a deer in the headlights as many before him have. Certainly no star, but I'm not sure what people were expecting from him so early in his career??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

There are plenty more that'll get a crack at "leadership" before him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I don't disagree with you AnnieH however bear in mind he is 20 years old and if he matures to be a player with similar leadership qualities to his brother I can't see why he wouldn't be considered. His comments in regard to resigning with the Swans indicated a pretty good team focused attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post

He missed the boat to be on same trajectory as Lloyd. He hit NEAFL will a bang getting most B & F points with a 50% margin over 2nd highest in first year. Played top grade in 2nd year, and except for 2 weak games this year (after injury) he has continued on high level.

Robo may well be a "slow burner" and no reason why he wont improve but at slower rate.

We are getting more players that can adequately fill in when required.

Jones has to calm down and get rid of those 50-metre-penalty brain snaps before he could be considered to be on a future leaders' list. I nearly broke my TV screen when he stupidly did it again last week.

As I expect the Hawks to play 'unsociable' football this week I fear Jones' hot head could get him into a lot of trouble.

Great test

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I can't wait to see Jones get a crack at the 'unsociable' Hawks. In his very limited career to date he seems to be the type of player that will perform at his best when physically challenged...some guys just thrive on it.

Having said that it will be important that our leaders continue getting in his ear and making sure he keeps a lid on things.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    As I expect the Hawks to play 'unsociable' football this week I fear Jones' hot head could get him into a lot of trouble.
    I agree the Hawks are going to target Jones. I hope he doesn't lose his temper!!

I don't think he is very bright...or should I re-phrase that...He's not a thinking person's footballer.

I miss you Andrew Schauble
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123