Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zak Jones potential future leader for the Swans

Veterans List
    Gotta say, I'm a fan! Love the attitude.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Impressed by his strength to resist the 'pressure' of his brother, whom he obviously looks up to, to join him at Melbourne. Seems he is happy to carve out a way for himself, and not under big brother's wing.

Needs to be sent back to ressies to learn some self discipline and playing the team game - until he learns that he is a liability

Not sure it works that way.
    In the seniors he undoubtedly steps it up and at times passion will take over.
    Best learnt when letting the team down and not wanting to do that again.
    He was solid tonight and is starting to shape up as a valuable defender.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

7 out of 10 for me but a decent improvement from last week

I thought Zac looked sharp with his decision making

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He may have his faults, but I'd sooner see him lining up than Rhyce.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I thought he was pretty decent yesterday, was mostly calm and clean under pressure and used the ball well.

The replay might prove me wrong but it seemed like he saved us on a few occasions in the defensive 50 with an intercept mark or spoil or tackle. Really good signs from a kid that's only played a handfull of games,.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Needs to be sent back to ressies to learn some self discipline and playing the team game - until he learns that he is a liability
    I disagree. I think he is improving week on week, and beginning to find his feet. Yes he is a bit of a hot head and does a few silly things - but with a player of his style (I.e. has some mongrel about him), that will always be the case, especially early in his career. I think he is more than playing his role for the team, and most importantly seems to be learning week to week in the top 22. He uses the ball reasonably well, and his work rate is improving.

He is in the top 22 on form at the moment, and rightly so in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    He was terrific (bar the brain snap moment, and they'll knock that out of him).

Hard at the man and calm with the ball. Given most elite sides have two or more good small forwards, a good companion for Nick Smith down back.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Very happy with this kid's development, unless he really tails off he surely must be a bolted on selection for the rest of the season.

Senior Player
    Yep I'm loving jones coming into the team. Him and heeney look the two recent young guys who look at home in the afl and look like they'll make it. The other guys like towers Robinson BJ etc are all looking pretty flakey.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Yep I'm loving jones coming into the team. Him and heeney look the two recent young guys who look at home in the afl and look like they'll make it. The other guys like towers Robinson BJ etc are all looking pretty flakey.
    For mine with a squad of 38 you need 26 rusted on first graders, 4 "squad" players than can do a job if required but are cheap and 8 rookies/development.

I like BJ and Robbo but they are really just squad players.

With Mills, Dunks and Hewett coming in next year and hopefully Naismith finally cracking it I am hoping our depth will improve.

We normally blood 3-4 players in first grade per year - this year we've had Heeney ,Robbo and Nanka as far as I am aware. It would be nice if Hewett could get a game but he may have to be patient

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast