Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: Sam Reid

  1. #1

    Sam Reid

    wasn't the first two qtrs by Reid sensational vs port

    He play FF, Wing and Ruck in the centre all in the first two qtrs and also did each several times in only two qtrs

    What did u think of his 4 qtrs ?
    "everybody loves somebody..........sometimes"


  2. #2
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ...What did u think of his 4 qtrs ?
    He was very good. Makes Typo look very expensive.
    It was mentioned by the commentators during the game that we were pretty much back to our grand final forward line of Goodes and Reid.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  3. #3
    I felt he drifted out of the game in the second half but he was very good in the first half.

    Apart from one game earlier this year (Port I think) I have yet to see him really take a gamne by the scruff of the neck which I find frustrating as he has so much ability.

    All the same his versatility is priceless and he is most certainly contributing well this year

  4. #4
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,731
    He's a forward. For me the backman experiment has failed.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  5. #5
    On the Rookie List jetts32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    200
    He did have a great first half, love to see him up and about.

    He's best half for the season I still think is the second half of the Fremantle game, he just exploded and nearly won us the game.

    I don't mind him in defence but he seems more comfterble with spots on the wing, second ruck and forward.

    Love seeing him play to his best.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    He's a forward. For me the backman experiment has failed.
    Tend to agree with you there, once Tippett leaves next year I expect him to be our long term CHF

  7. #7
    On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    He's a forward. For me the backman experiment has failed.
    The backmen experiment has barely even started...the only game he played 4 quarters there was against Carlton and he destroyed Henderson who has been in pretty decent form since.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    He was very good. Makes Typo look very expensive.
    It was mentioned by the commentators during the game that we were pretty much back to our grand final forward line of Goodes and Reid.
    LOL , absolutely re Tippert . Reid needs to put on a few kilos for my liking and learn to get more involved but how ironical that our 2012 type lineup were successful against Port !

  9. #9
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    The backmen experiment has barely even started...the only game he played 4 quarters there was against Carlton and he destroyed Henderson who has been in pretty decent form since.
    I don't care how many quarters he plays there, how many years is he going to be trained to be a backman before he is played regularly where he belongs?
    In all of the time I've seen him play 'not in the forward line' he really hasn't done anything that has impressed me.
    Just don't think it's going to happen.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  10. #10
    On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I don't care how many quarters he plays there, how many years is he going to be trained to be a backman before he is played regularly where he belongs?
    In all of the time I've seen him play 'not in the forward line' he really hasn't done anything that has impressed me.
    Just don't think it's going to happen.
    I don't think he 'belongs' anywhere as such. At the moment he is the epitome of a utility player or 'swingman' as the experts like to call them.

    He's contributed as a forward (vs. Port) a midfielder (vs. Freo) and a defender (vs. Carlton). His role not only changes week to week, but quarter to quarter. We all know how much Horse loves flexibility and Reid certainly offers that in spades.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

  11. #11
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    ...His role not only changes week to week, but quarter to quarter. We all know how much Horse loves flexibility and Reid certainly offers that in spades.
    Troy Luff MkIII !

    r0_0_847_1327_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

    I was going to say MkII but I think Nicks filled that role quite well.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  12. #12
    Long Term Injury List
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ice Bath / Williamstown
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Troy Luff MkIII !

    r0_0_847_1327_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

    I was going to say MkII but I think Nicks filled that role quite well.
    Maybe MkIV, what about LRT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO