Thread: Brisbane Match Information

Veterans List

Brisbane Match Information

Hi all,
    I'm driving up from Sydney for the game this Sunday. I presume that there will be no problem buying a ticket on the day? But can anyone tell me where Swans fans sit, where gives the best view - and, most importantly, if tickets are the same price online and at the Gabba?

Is there a Swans catch up before or after? The Pineapple? The German Club?

The last time I was at the Gabba I think Willo kicked the goal that sealed the Swans win against the all conquering Brions.

Veterans List
    No-one here from Brisbane - or know how Swans games work up there?

Senior Player
    As a Sunshine Coast resident I very rarely get to the Gabba to watch footy but have been once so I can say tickets were easy to get and didn't seem to be any different in price at the gate. In regard to where Swans supporters sit I must admit they didn't really seem to congregate in any one particular area.
    Given the way the Lions are travelling we should all be able to see each other and sit together anyway.

I've just printed off my ticket and it's in section 57, which is more or less behind the goal posts on the eastern side of the ground. So, since the ticket's part of the Qld membership package, I assume that plenty of other Swans members will be in that area. In regards, to post-match pubs: this is the first Gabba match that I've been to in seven or eight years, so I can't help you there. Though there is a pre-match function at the Australian National at 1.30 pm, but you have to book via the Swans website.
    I hope that limited amount of info was some help.

Veterans List
    Thanks guys. I found a friend was driving up with his family so I'll be sitting with friends anyway. As I'm driving back Monday it may not be party night tomorrow night anyway.

Warming the Bench
    Is anyone sitting in general admission?