Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread, Round 15 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney Swans

Senior Player
    Too defensive minded we need spark and players willing to take the game on.

Senior Player
    Very, very ordinary half. It stuns me how the players think we can go from this to what Hawthorn did to Freo today.

Not much intensity and at this stage we look like 4th position at best. Longmire must be so angry as with some more effort we could still have a crack at the flag.

Senior Player
    Lack of mongrel about our play if you ask me. Hanners Jack and jones have been good but we are missing mcglynn and the hardness he brings if you ask me. Too many soft players towers is the perfect example.

This performance does not auger well for the next two....BTW...I would like to know how they work out the draw these days....We play Hawks and others twice before we play Saints once!!!! (Last game of the year,,,,) Fremantle and WCE get to play easybeats like Saints twice.... Nit picking I know, but, in the good and fair "Old days" evry side played each other and then started all over again until end of season...A true "Draw"...

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Very, very ordinary half. It stuns me how the players think we can go from this to what Hawthorn did to Freo today.

Not much intensity and at this stage we look like 4th position at best. Longmire must be so angry as with some more effort we could still have a crack at the flag.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Lack of mongrel about our play if you ask me. Hanners Jack and jones have been good but we are missing mcglynn and the hardness he brings if you ask me. Too many soft players towers is the perfect example.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    This performance does not auger well for the next two....BTW...I would like to know how they work out the draw these days....We play Hawks and others twice before we play Saints once!!!! (Last game of the year,,,,) Fremantle and WCE get to play easybeats like Saints twice.... Nit picking I know, but, in the good and fair "Old days" evry side played each other and then started all over again until end of season...A true "Draw"...
    Exactly.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Robinson needs to be better than that if he hopes to keep a spot in the team! 2 goal turnaround.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    So bad. Just so bad.

Opti-pessi-misti
    You have to take into account the Swans' mantra that it doesn't matter how we win as long as we win. If we rarely kick more that 13 goals a game, what does it matter if we can keep the opposition to less. So everything is about defence. The only thing is, why go through so much trouble to get Buddy and KT?

That was touched by McVeigh..

This is pathetic

Senior Player
    Jones has to learn control. So much to like about him but that's twice now he's given 50 away

Geez we switch off too often for a so called contender...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast