Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Match Day Thread, Round 15 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney Swans

Fortune favors the brave.
    If Pyke isn't 100% he shouldn't be playing.
    End of story.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    not saying he was good but I'd hate to be a forward in our team as we rarely hit a player up. towers was not good in fact his disposal stank.
    At one point I thought they're deliberately not kicking it to Towers.
    He was out on his own a few times and could have easily taken a mark.
    Me thinks they're too scared to give him the ball, lest he stuff it up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    At one point I thought they're deliberately not kicking it to Towers.
    He was out on his own a few times and could have easily taken a mark.
    Me thinks they're too scared to give him the ball, lest he stuff it up.
    Oh, you spotted Towers, Annie? I was at the game and I didn't realise that he was playing until after half time. Though it could've had something do with my attention being elsewhere, I suspect that it had more to do with his somewhat anonymous on-field presence. Actually, what I did notice about Towers, is that in his photo in the AFL Record, he strongly resembles a startled marsupial caught in the headlights. Unfortunately, his disposals and decision making also seem to have a strong element of startled marsupial.

Veterans List
    Laidler received a fine for striking Christiansen in the second quarter. I don't recall that incident, does anyone remember seeing this?

The strange thing is even when winning we tend to find the areas we perceive as weakness , rightly or wrongly !

So the obvious questions " could our coaching department and leadership group be that stupid to pick towers and Pyke ahead of other players in the squad ? "

Do we have that much Intel to know that picking towers and or Pyke right is idiotic compared to other players ?

Or do these two players match our game plan best right now with the players we have available ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Laidler received a fine for striking Christiansen in the second quarter. I don't recall that incident, does anyone remember seeing this?
    Ummm, no. But the general consensus among the other Swans fans in my general vicinity at the Gabba, was that Christiansen, while at Geelong, had taken notice of the Selwood method of free kick harvesting, and thus, he was constantly ducking down and then throwing his head back. So it's possible that during his numerous attempts at feigning head contact, Laidler may have actually hit him? Who's to know?
    Thankfully, by about half way through the third quarter, the umpires had seemed to have waken up to him and were ignoring his performances.

There's footage of the incident on the latest episode of 'Charged' on the AFL website. It's a gut punch off the ball.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The strange thing is even when winning we tend to find the areas we perceive as weakness , rightly or wrongly !

So the obvious questions " could our coaching department and leadership group be that stupid to pick towers and Pyke ahead of other players in the squad ? "

Do we have that much Intel to know that picking towers and or Pyke right is idiotic compared to other players ?

Or do these two players match our game plan best right now with the players we have available ?
    What game plan?... fumble the ball and kick it to the opposition ... they do fit that description ... Pyke took one mark ... and took 30 seconds to decide to kick it to a 2 on I which quickly rebounded for a goal ... and I consider myself a Pyke fan!?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ummm, no. But the general consensus among the other Swans fans in my general vicinity at the Gabba, was that Christiansen, while at Geelong, had taken notice of the Selwood method of free kick harvesting, and thus, he was constantly ducking down and then throwing his head back. So it's possible that during his numerous attempts at feigning head contact, Laidler may have actually hit him? Who's to know?
    Thankfully, by about half way through the third quarter, the umpires had seemed to have waken up to him and were ignoring his performances.
    You must have been near me dejavodoo (Aisle 60) - lots of swans fans in the area having a whinge (me included) that Christensen had learnt expertly from Selwood whilst at Geelong.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    You must have been near me dejavodoo (Aisle 60) - lots of swans fans in the area having a whinge (me included) that Christensen had learnt expertly from Selwood whilst at Geelong.
    He and Thomas from North have mastered the Selwood Flop.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Aisle 57: and now I'm wondering if they actually practiced some sort of choreographed routine? Contact...drop...persecuted martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    He and Thomas from North have mastered the Selwood Flop.
    Yes, dimelb, and Puopolo is another one who has mastered this dark art. And strangely, the people who claim to be booing Goodesy because of his alleged, but largely non-existent, staging for free kicks, don't seem to be relentlessly booing these people?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112