Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

There is no way Pyke will be dropped unless injured. He is our number 1 ruckman - fact.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'd dump Pyke and put Tipoff in the ruck (with Sammy backing him up).
    Pyke is VERY slow.
    Very, very, very, slow.
    Been a pretty good pick up that Tippoff, eh?
    Forward, Ruck. Indispensable...

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    So we go into the finals series against the likes of Sandlilands without a recognised ruckman and just throw anyone in there, wow......

Funnilly enough I agree with your other INs and OUTs but I 'd also throw Rohan in there as he should be OK by the Finals. I'd also have Cunningham out of my best 22 in a perfect world but injuries will probably dictate he'll be in the mix

I think Tippo as a ruckman who can drift forward as required is the way forward. Buddy and Tippo sharing the forward 50 doesn't seem to work and we are way too predictable. I like Goodesy playing in the forward line and if you place McGlynn, Heeny and Parker in there as well as Reid at times then IMO we are a lot harder to macth up on.....

Yes I forgot about Rohan. He is definitely in the best 22.

"Recognised ruckman" is just a semantic title. You could call them "Alpha 3000 Emperor of the Ruckship" and it won't change the reality that the Swans have no one that can compete properly with a genuine ruck athlete. So what is the point of persisiting with a strategy that relies on resources that you don't have? You are proving my point by mentioning Sandilands. Swans don't have anyone than can get close to Sandilands, Nic Nat, Mumford, Goldstein etc so why waste a selection on it? A lateral thinking team may even rove to the opposition ruckman. That would largely neutralise their advantage. Not saying anything should be set in stone, but we signed Bud and the like so a creative solution is probably required.

Also...just because you put Bud and Tip in the forward 50 doesn't mean that every single Swan needs to predictably kick it to them every single time. Two separate issues. Have them as million dollar decoys. Who cares as long as we win.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see the team kick into space in front of a leading player.
    All too often it goes to the wrong side of them, or straight to them and the defenders then have a chance to catch up.
    Pretty simple really.

Cool

Out: Pyke (injury), Shaw (slowed down and we need more speed), Robinson (gave it a go but not our best 22 yet), Towers (has not got what it takes for our best 30, sorry)
    In: Nankervis (put in last game and more mobile than Pyke), Heeney (replaces Shaw), would love to have McGlynn to put in but in his absence - Rose (brave, in and under, work rate and raring to go), X in for Towers.

I would also like sometime soon to see Aliir thrown amongst them, he's big, he's courageous with massive potential.

Has anybody else noticed the afl and other websites haven't updated the ladder? They still all say 14 played. I keep checking and am very sure it's round 16 this week. What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Has anybody else noticed the afl and other websites haven't updated the ladder? They still all say 14 played. I keep checking and am very sure it's round 16 this week. What's going on?
    Because they played only 14 games. Every club had a bye. And yes, this round is round 16. Only Adelaide and Geelong have 13 games shown, because their game was cancelled.

Our ruck stocks, in order of usefulness are:

1. Tippet
    2. Pyke (even injured)
    3. Nankervis (as slow as an injured Pyke)
    4. Derrickx (generally unco)
    5. Nainsmith (unknown quantity)

Its debatable whether any of the 2 to 5 on that list are at AFL standard. Therefore I strongly suggest to the selectors we go with only Tippet, with Reid backup.

And hope that Pyke recovers from injury/form/whatever before the finals. However I think Pyke might be shot, in which case we are in deep do,do's especially with a trade ban stopping us importing a quality ruck replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

1. Tippet
    2. Pyke (even injured)

Its debatable whether any of the 2 to 5 on that list are at AFL standard. Therefore I strongly suggest to the selectors we go with only Tippet, with Reid backup.

And hope that Pyke recovers from injury/form/whatever before the finals. However I think Pyke might be shot, in which case we are in deep do,do's especially with a trade ban stopping us importing a quality ruck replacement.
    We need to find another Mumford @ $250k per year for 4 years. Surely there is one of those hanging around on other clubs lists

Couldn't Sam Reid ruck ?
    At least he can jump and time his jump, or is he too skinny ?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

1. Tippet
    2. Pyke (even injured)
    I agree on the number 1, but not the rest:

1. Tippett
    2. Naismith (enigmatic: has been 1-2 weeks away for 2-3 months)
    3. Nankervis (slowed himself down so not mistaken for Dean Towers)
    4. Pyke
    5. Sean McLaren
    6. Aliir Aliir
    7. Aliir Aliir (brother of above - has first and last names interchanged)
    8. Abe Davis
    9. Nick Davis
    10. Betty Davis (good eyes)
    11. Jake Derickx (not so unco younger brother of Tom)
    12. Tom Derickx (got tired of this list, so put him much higher than warranted)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Out: Pyke (injury), Shaw (slowed down and we need more speed), Robinson (gave it a go but not our best 22 yet), Towers (has not got what it takes for our best 30, sorry)
    In: Nankervis (put in last game and more mobile than Pyke), Heeney (replaces Shaw), would love to have McGlynn to put in but in his absence - Rose (brave, in and under, work rate and raring to go), X in for Towers.

I would also like sometime soon to see Aliir thrown amongst them, he's big, he's courageous with massive potential.

You really want to throw in Rose and Xavier Richards against the Hawks?

I do like the look of Rose, but he is still very raw, and Xavier is a defender, not some sort of running player, like Towers is (although his efforts in the AFL so far have been disappointing).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by frankee View Post
    There is no way Pyke will be dropped unless injured. He is our number 1 ruckman - fact.
    Not so sure. Tippett had 50% more hitouts on Sunday and polled coaches votes. Reckon they're thinking about making the move.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast