Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I heard that Stevic and Pannell are the umpires. We are stuffed!!!!!!!
    Just needs Razor Ray as well and we could just forfeit, save the injuries and be done with it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Really looking forward to seeing how big Toby goes Saturday night, could really add another dimension to our side for the rest of the year if he performs strongly

It's a reflection on how well Laidler has been going that we are so disappointed that he's injured. Brandon Jack has been BOG in the 2s for 3 games in a row (I think) so he deserves the recall. Bird's inclusion is a good move too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I heard that Stevic and Pannell are the umpires. We are stuffed!!!!!!!
    I can usually cope with Pannell, but with Stevic's seeming love of Hawthorn, I may have to warn the neighbours as to why it might sound like I'm having a domestic with myself on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It's a reflection on how well Laidler has been going that we are so disappointed that he's injured. Brandon Jack has been BOG in the 2s for 3 games in a row (I think) so he deserves the recall. Bird's inclusion is a good move too.
    Yes, I have been impressed with Laidler's attitude lately. I'm looking forward to seeing how Brandon Jack will go. And I also like Bird's inclusion: especially since it will something of a heavy track slugfest. Just a little bit surprised that Heeney wasn't called up though.

Glad to see the Big Tasmanian getting another go.

I also like both B.Jack and Bird, so I'm very happy
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A good set of ins. Yes, it would have been nice to watch Heeney back at work but his time will come and I'm pleased we've gone with experience for this match. I'm not anticipating a win but if they fight the good fight I'll be satisfied. This won't be the last time we play Hawthorn this season.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Changes since our Round 8 clash--
    Out: McGlynn, Pyke, Rohan, Laidler
    In: Nankervis, Bird, B. Jack, Jones

That's a lot of experience we're missing while Hawks have Hodge back and are almost at full strength apart from Frawley.

Given that, I wouldn't expect us to win but I hope at least we put in a much better showing than Freo and hopefully we learn a lot in the process. Sustained effort is all I ask.

Veterans List
    I wonder if the Swans fans will boo Mitchell given his liking of kneeing players who are in his vicinity. Given the need for Hawthorn supporters to boo Goodesy for apparently nearly maiming Gibson, perhaps they will whinge as usual if our fans boo the serial kneer.

Just on AFL 360 Mark Robinson said he has been contacted by another 3 players in the last 36 hours, with the inference that he has done it another 3 times. That is 6 times in a season. Lets say I think it is a dog act. I hope he gets the crap booed out of him.
    Last edited by Nico; 16th July 2015 at 09:17 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I saw BJ last week at Coorparoo and he impressed me more than previously. Getting more of the ball including inside stuff and does a lot off the ball too. Tough against the Hawks but he is in form, just needs to believe in himself at AFL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I wonder if the Swans fans will boo Mitchell given his liking of kneeing players who are in his vicinity. Given the need for Hawthorn supporters to boo Goodesy for apparently nearly maiming Gibson, perhaps they will whinge as usual if our fans boo the serial kneer.

Just on AFL 360 Mark Robinson said he has been contacted by another 3 players in the last 36 hours, with the inference that he has done it another 3 times. That is 6 times in a season. Lets say I think it is a dog act. I hope he gets the crap booed out of him.
    No worries. We just kneed an equipment change;

Why would we boo Mitchell? Did I miss something? Has he been named Australian of the Year?

Senior Player
    I'm quite excited by those changes. I think Craig bird could be the best change out of them all his his experience and the harder edge he will provide to the team. I am sure he will tag Sam Mitchell and hopefully control him like mcglynn did for a lot of the game earlier in the year.

Nankervis should be as least as good as an injured Pyke but I suspect will be an improvement on what we've seen from Pyke given he's obviously been struggling with his knee. Nank doesn't need to win the ruck battle but if he is at least competitive and shows something around the ground then that's a win.

Richards is an obvious in but he needs to play a bit harder than he has been. Needs to stand his ground against the big forwards more.

BJ I reckon will be the sub and is a good option with some pace later as the game hopefully opens up a bit.

Pretty happy overall. Sad to have laids out as he's been very good for us this year. Maybe this is all part of the shaw plan. Playing with one less defender by "necessity" last week Richards this week laidler so jones cements his spot. Then when they are all "fit" to play the one who "sadly" misses out may just be shaw. Hmm.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast