Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

Changes - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

Average performance from a lot of players today. Luckily our reserves faired better this week, particularly one important player for our structure.

Out - Towers, Robinson.
    In - Heeney, Richards.

Heeney just seemed to fit well forward with Franklin early in the year. His skills and hardness will be a great addition!

Warming the Bench

changes for round 16

in heeny bird Richards Nankervis

out pyke towers Cunningham shaw
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Senior Player
    Agree with the above, except Robinson out instead of Cunningham.

What I think they'll do:

IN: Heeney, Richards
    OUT: Towers, Robinson

Rampe & Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Average performance from a lot of players today. Luckily our reserves faired better this week, particularly one important player for our structure.

Out - Towers, Robinson.
    In - Heeney, Richards.

Heeney just seemed to fit well forward with Franklin early in the year. His skills and hardness will be a great addition!
    Greetings from Thailand,

When will Rampe & Smith stop badly kicking across the face of goal?

Finally Tippett earned his money today, long time coming.

Give Pike a run in the 2nds and give Nankervis another go, we need more aggression against the Hawks and Toby will add some starch.

Looking forward to Heeney returning, but won't mind if they don't rush him back this week.

I'm assuming that Roughead doesn't play, so their only 'physical' tall forward will be their resting ruckman, probably covered by Reg. Ted, Laidler and Rampe can handle Gunston and Schoenmaker, at least from a physical standpoint. So Reid can be spared to play forward or on the wing.

Out: Pyke, Towers, Robinson.
    In: Richards, Heeney, B Jack (sub)

Tippett and Reid to share the ruck duties, perhaps with a cameo from Goodes.

It's going to take a huge improvement to even get close to Hawthorn. Longmire seemed to have a look of resignation on his face every time the cameras flashed to the coaches' box. Like he knew we were crap and there wasn't any point on giving himself a heart attack about it. Maybe the untimely death of Phil Walsh made him rethink his priorities. I've never seen him more composed.

Given the likely scenario that there will be a lot of stoppages and pressure inside football, it might be worth considering bringing Bird back for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Given the likely scenario that there will be a lot of stoppages and pressure inside football, it might be worth considering bringing Bird back for this one.
    Don't know what Birdy did wrong but it's time he returned. Surely we have someone better than Towers.

Out: Towers, Robinson
    In: Heeney, Richards.

Heeney to come back as the Sub and Cunnningham to start (Who did alright coming on last night I feel). Pyke is a real worry for us, But I think it would be exceptionally unwise over the next couple of weeks to replace him with Nankervis at this stage. Tippett I feel will continue to have a larger role in the ruck, as he did very well yesterday.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'd dump Pyke and put Tipoff in the ruck (with Sammy backing him up).
    Pyke is VERY slow.
    Very, very, very, slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Don't know what Birdy did wrong but it's time he returned. Surely we have someone better than Towers.
    I was under the impression that he was injured when I spoke with him at the last home game.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

IN: Heeney, Ted and Nankervis
    OUT: Towers, Robinson, Pyke

Tippett to ruck and share duties with Nankervis

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    There must be two different games. Longmire says "its just another game and its just 4 points" and Joey says " Saturday night is going to be huge". It might effect the selection policy or not?

On the Rookie List
    Not sure who is available right now, but this is what I believe needs to happen to the team in order to be any chance at the flag:

Out: Towers (permanently); Shaw (permanently); Pyke (permanently); Robinson
    In: Heeny, McGlynn, Bird, Richards

Seriously, ruckmen are useless unless you have a standout athlete like Nic Nat. They go up, tap it, it lands anywhere, everyone scraps after it. What's the point of wasting a selection on someone like Pyke or Nankervis? And why would you waste a talent like Tippett in the ruck? He is gold out of the square. Just throw anyone in there and use the ruck selection to pick another outside mid or useful utility. Rucks are overated.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Not sure who is available right now, but this is what I believe needs to happen to the team in order to be any chance at the flag:

Out: Towers (permanently); Shaw (permanently); Pyke (permanently); Robinson
    In: Heeny, McGlynn, Bird, Richards

Seriously, ruckmen are useless unless you have a standout athlete like Nic Nat. They go up, tap it, it lands anywhere, everyone scraps after it. What's the point of wasting a selection on someone like Pyke or Nankervis? And why would you waste a talent like Tippett in the ruck? He is gold out of the square. Just throw anyone in there and use the ruck selection to pick another outside mid or useful utility. Rucks are overated.
    So we go into the finals series against the likes of Sandlilands without a recognised ruckman and just throw anyone in there, wow......

Funnilly enough I agree with your other INs and OUTs but I 'd also throw Rohan in there as he should be OK by the Finals. I'd also have Cunningham out of my best 22 in a perfect world but injuries will probably dictate he'll be in the mix

I think Tippo as a ruckman who can drift forward as required is the way forward. Buddy and Tippo sharing the forward 50 doesn't seem to work and we are way too predictable. I like Goodesy playing in the forward line and if you place McGlynn, Heeny and Parker in there as well as Reid at times then IMO we are a lot harder to macth up on.....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast