Thread: After match 'tribute circle'

After match 'tribute circle'

It seems to me that we are the only team that didn't do the tribute circle to Phil Walsh after the game.
    I know to do that yesterday would have meant that Brisbane would have done it twice, but it seems sort of wrong not to have done it.

I think you will find that the home team conducts the pre and post match setup. This includes banners being brought on ground etc.

Both teams had banners and came onto the ground with their club songs whereas during the tribute weekend there were neither for the other games.

Our game was on the Thursday night before he passed away, our club wasn't directly connected with Phil (unlike Port, Crows and West Coast) and so we had already played last round.

While it is a very sad thing, and I noticed players wearing black armbands (which I assumed was for Phil Walsh), I think it is time to move on.

My 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by TheAgent; 13th July 2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Better grammar.

Agree it is time to move on, just thought it sad we were the only team not to do the circle.

Agree, Agent. Port had a good reason and opportunity to carry over the tribute from last weekend given their connection to Walsh but it would have felt strange and possibly attention-seeking for the Swans to do it after a weekend of regular footy just to fit in. It was unfortunate timing-wise that they couldn't publicly express their solidarity but I'm sure the club has done so behind the scenes, which is what really matters.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Agree it is time to move on, just thought it sad we were the only team not to do the circle.
    We are not alone. Geelong is in the same position as us. No game last week and unsuitable this week according to the Geelong club.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    On the flip side, we were the only team/supporters to enjoy singing the club song at the end of the game...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

We didn't do the circle because he died after we played.
    Had we had the chance last weekend, I'm pretty sure we would have done it.
    It would have been tacky to do it last night. I'm glad they didn't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.