Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 21 of 21

Thread: Ex-Swans still listed with an AFL team

  1. #13
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    6,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Yeh I'd take Dempster over Laidler, Mal over Shaw, Mummy over Pyke, I like Andrejs too but it's hard to say who you'd swap him for because he's more of a utility.
    At the moment I'd happily swap Andrejs for Towers.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  2. #14
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    10,595
    No great loss... except for NicMal... we're missing that run off halfback (assuming we can get the ball past halfback, of course).
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

  3. #15
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,543
    Then again, I miss Mummy but he's not playing for the rest of this season. So we'd still be facing how to pull a ruck division together.

    Of course the Buddy budget was part of the problem but I think we had some worries about Mummy's durability vs the money he wanted/could get. Mike is only 1/22nd of the reason we aren't Premiers. And Mummy has risen to the GWS challenge so I'd say it's win/win. But I still miss him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think Nic is missing the run off halfback, too, Annie. He's a shadow this season.

    Noone longing for Jesse? Prefer the new inked replacement?

  4. #16
    On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    At the moment I'd happily swap Andrejs for Towers.
    Yeh definitely, I was thinking with everyone fit though. It would be a line-ball whether or not Dre would be best 22
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

  5. #17
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    At the moment I'd happily swap Andrejs for Towers.
    In a heart beat. Everritt is fast becoming on of the Blues best players. Not necessarily skill or talent wise but just having a really good all round game. Each week he looks like he wants to play give his best whatever the opposition.
    I would love Mummy (for Pyke) and the Eski (for Shaw) back too. The Spang' would be good to have too. For him I would be comfortable losing Cunningham, push Macca into the forward half and let and Spang' rotate through HB and wing with Rampe, depending on match-ups.
    This would leave a back line of Grundy, Richards, Smith, Laidler, Malceski, Spangher/Rampe. And if Teddy retires Spangher would be an acceptable fill in until the next generation.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  6. #18
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Yeh definitely, I was thinking with everyone fit though. It would be a line-ball whether or not Dre would be best 22
    ATM even if Rohan was fit and back in the team for Towers I would still seriously consider using Dre. We, RWO, often lament the quality of the Swans kicking ability, IIRC Dre was/is always a good kick.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  7. #19
    On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    ATM even if Rohan was fit and back in the team for Towers I would still seriously consider using Dre. We, RWO, often lament the quality of the Swans kicking ability, IIRC Dre was/is always a good kick.
    You're not wrong about his kicking, it's brilliant! I'd still take Rohan though, his forward pressure is massive for us.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

  8. #20
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Then again, I miss Mummy but he's not playing for the rest of this season. So we'd still be facing how to pull a ruck division together.

    Of course the Buddy budget was part of the problem but I think we had some worries about Mummy's durability vs the money he wanted/could get. Mike is only 1/22nd of the reason we aren't Premiers. And Mummy has risen to the GWS challenge so I'd say it's win/win. But I still miss him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think Nic is missing the run off halfback, too, Annie. He's a shadow this season.

    Noone longing for Jesse? Prefer the new inked replacement?
    Jessie is Eddie McGuire's punishment.
    Glad to see he can still kick a mean behind.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

  9. #21
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,210
    Wishing we didn't let Shane Biggs go. He is playing very well for the Bulldogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO