Thread: Fill in the blanks

Fill in the blanks

This may hurt some people trying to remember last night, but I didn't watch the game so I really want to know what happened?

Supposedly we won the tackles, possession count, clearances and only lost the inside 50 count by 1 entry.

Obviously disposal was poor but was it a big blow because they had loose backs?
    If so, I blame Longmire more than the players,
    Hawthorn thrive with loose players in the backline. After the first quarter in the 2012 GF we manned up their loose backs and won the game.

2014 GF when they had loose backs, we put Tippet in the ruck and Buddy on the wing, and obviously they ran over us, that's there biggest strength, their transition from the backline.

Not even watching last night I can almost guarantee that's what happened, am I correct?

If so, is it time for a new coach?

Also,
    Nankervis, did he play alright for he's second AFL game against the premiers?

What's the latest on Shaw?

What happened to Tippet? Does he look like he'll miss a couple weeks or?

I'm trying to get my head around it all because I've heard a lot of "poor disposal" excuses, we went at 72% efficiency and Hawks with less possessions went at 75% which is not usually a 90 point difference, hence why I am questioning Longmires position.

I know he's a premiership coach, but with the list that we have, I honestly think we should be a lot better.

The most part which is always a problem was our disposal and decision making going forward. Most of our best mids are serial butcherers of the ball but you are right in thinking that Horse was out coached again by Clarkson.

He is the best modern day coach going around and the game style and recruitment that has happened since he's been there is why they are so much better than us and the rest.

Blog Entries
    Jetts was one of the Hawks best.

We dominated 1st 5mins, missed 3 gettable goals. then it was over.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    He is the best modern day coach going around and the game style and recruitment that has happened since he's been there is why they are so much better than us and the rest.
    It helps when you raid the bottom clubs for their only decent player.

Terry Wallace (SEN today) puts the Swans struggle down to the AFL's decision to ban us from trading and thus being unable to recruit another ruckman and a running defender to replace Mal. The AFL must be smiling today as their plan of retribution for taking Tippett from the Suns and Buddy from GWS is coming to fruition.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Has the AFL ever given a public reason for the ban i.e what we did wrong. If we did nothing wrong how can they ban us from drafting? Still can't understand why the Swans took the ban without a fight (unless we did do something wrong). Something is not quite right.

We have done nothing wrong.
    The past chairman and the current chairman have assured me that we have done nothing wrong.
    The AFL are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.
    The swans were offered the assistance of top Sydney QCs (for free) to tackle this issue in court. For reasons I'll never understand, Pridham declined their kind offers and chose to bend over and take it from the AFL.
    The explanation I got at the beginning of the year was "we have a lot of other issues that need to be sorted with the AFL". What these are, I have no idea.
    The only concession that has been granted by the AFL is that we are allowed to trade this year. The "ban" was supposed to be for two years.
    We can trade on the proviso that any player bought into the squad gets paid no more than the "average" (currently around $350,000).
    When you get what you pay for, what crap will that get us?
    It upsets me to no end that we are being "punished" for following the rules.
    It angers me that the club did nothing about it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Jetts32 is on the money. It's not the cattle, it's the game plan.

Same thing that has been happening for weeks.
    Players failing to find clear space, particularly in the forward 50.
    Add to that the Swans refuse to kick to a Franklin/opposition player one on one, or any one on one in the forward 50 and there's our problem..

The team would rather have it marked on a 45 degree angel 45 meters out than risk a spoil close to goal.

If it was one game the opposition playing 'so well' could be blamed, but 3 or 4 weeks to me means that the players simply aren't finding enough space.

Against the Hawks I was shocked to see handballs consistently go to a player with a Hawk literally right behind him ready to tackle.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.