Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16: Sydney v Hawthorn

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I remember the crowbots and the saints being unbackable favourites at this time of year and not going on to win. Even the cats in 08.

Don't think the score was an accurate reflection of the game. There were a few frees late in the second that stopped our run and even late in the third we kicked a goal that had us in it. The Hawks kicked a run of about 4 after that which broke our backs.

Opportunities we missed early hurt. We beat the Hawks at their ground only 8 weeks ago.

Some big ins for us next time we meet. Season isn't done yet.
    I wish I lived in Fantasy Land too. It's much nicer than the real world.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Yes and not only this but we are being PUNISHED and SANCTIONED via trade bans for even having them. So we are being PUNISHED because on PAPER we are supposed to be good. But we are terrible and must be PREVENTED ILLEGALLY from recovering because the VFL have decided to call time on our competent management of recent times, and LAUD and REWARD fat morons who have run Vic teams into the ground for years. "You can't have everything." What a transparently heinous comment.
    Yes I agree how can you improve when you lose players and can't trade them for anyone else. The AFL are cheats

Veterans List
    Maybe there's a grand master plan where we trick the Hawks into thinking that's as good as we can play so when we meet them in finals we catch them by surprise.

I hope that's the case as the only other option is that we support the same soft group of players who capitulated in the 2014 GF. The ones I said would have to re-earn my respect. Tonight was like catching your partner in bed with someone else, again and knowing you can't trust them no matter what reassurances they give and apparent reform they undertake. We managed some cheap hits tonight that will take a few players away for next week's vital game. And right now I can't think why I paid for my Premiership Club membership for 2015.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong - that's the closest I've come to leaving before full time. Very few positives even scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Just don't think that means both season over and a certain flag for the Hawks.

Senior Player
    Don't get me wrong - that's the closest I've come to leaving before full time. Very few positives even scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Call me delusional but I think this too. We need West Coast to win all their games so Freo and WC finish 1 and 2 but that means beating us too. What did Richards do and who else will get suspended?

I'm seen worse games at SCG ANZ and Gabba tbh

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WASwansFanatic View Post
    Disappointing would be the understatement of the year.

Didn't think we would ever serve up something as bad as the GF again, let alone worse.

Too many players appear not willing to do the hard things and our backline is almost laughable.

Jetta should be dropped for the tory alone.

On a positive Zak Jones looks good.

Finally what the hell was Longmire doing putting Shaw at FF in the final quarter? Really......
    I think that was because he wanted to keep him away from the ball
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Sorry but I think you are wrong. We played by far the best AFL team tonight. The Hawks WIL win the Premiership by a long way. It wouldn't matter what team plays them they are always going to fall short. I'd love to know how they fit all their players into that salary cap but... They are cheating somehow but they, like Cats & Essendon before them get away with it. They are Victorian after all. When Buddy was with the Hawks he got tons of endorsements from subsidiaries of Hawk sponsors. Technically that is a breach of the salary cap but the AFL ignore it because they know every Victorian side can and does do that.

but as to toinight. We we murdered by a far better side. We were outcoached incredibly. I could not believe Longmire kept the same centre and outside square set ups for the whole match. What a total fool. All night tonight Clarkson had one of Burgoyne, Birchell, Litherland or suckling on their own at the back of the square. We chose to play an extra winger. Really @@@@ing smart to leave the most dangerous Hawk disposers all on their lonesome to waltz into the centre square take a handball and pass the ball 60 metres to a player in the forwardline. @@@@ing Einstein stuff Longmire. All bloody night! no wonder we lost with coaching like that.

Ok the players have to take responsibility but the coaches are the ones who design the game plan and ours has stunk all year. Get the ball and bomb the @@@@ out of it, bloody period. not a thinking man's game plan obviously.

longmire has no idea how to beat Clarkson. He is nonplussed. He is cactus. Get a new coach because this bloke is clueless.

Pretty pathetic performance by the boys - they have issues when they come up against the Hawks and Hawthorn knows this. No difference to how NSW doesn't really believe they can defeat QLD in the state of origin. it's all between the ears.

When I watched the two teams warm up , the Hawks with their clever criss cross drill practising lace out bullets to each other , I thought this mob will eat us alive . If you were a Hawks fan it's all poetry in motion , finding space before the opposition know what the hell happened.
    It doesn't matter who wins the taps , they scrap harder , get it to someone on the outside and the drill set is repeated like a metronome and is quite boring because nothing happens to stop it .
    If the other team do manage to get it , the Hawks man their opposite like gloves .
    They sure look unbeatable again this year , all opposing coaches are clueless how to do it , not just Horse. Ross Lyon couldn't find any answers .
    I didn't enjoy watching such a one sided contest , so it's going to be a very boring Granny .
    Actually watching 36 players around the ball much of the games is really dulling it down for me as well .
    Thank God for the cricket on the radio in bed .

Senior Player
    There's been a lot of chat this year from Swans players and Longmire about arresting momentum. They couldn't do it against Richmond, nor here.

The defence is shot. Richards and Shaw are sliding rapidly, and the Reserves seem bare of effective replacements. Unfortunately, Reid isn't the solution - he's only effective as a loose defender. I wouldn't mind seeing Xavier replace his suspended brother.

The problems in defence were the catalyst for the capitulation last night. We were on the way to winning the second quarter by 4 goals to 1, but let in two soft ones late. Same in the third quarter. We toiled in possession for a couple of points, then let in 5 goals from 6 inside 50s.

The forward line will look a lot better with McGlynn, Heeney and Rohan in it. The problems in defence have less evident solutions.

Nankervis was a bright spot - I thought he got better as the game went on.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    There's been a lot of chat this year from Swans players and Longmire about arresting momentum. They couldn't do it against Richmond, nor here.

The defence is shot. Richards and Shaw are sliding rapidly, and the Reserves seem bare of effective replacements. Unfortunately, Reid isn't the solution - he's only effective as a loose defender. I wouldn't mind seeing Xavier replace his suspended brother.

The problems in defence were the catalyst for the capitulation last night. We were on the way to winning the second quarter by 4 goals to 1, but let in two soft ones late. Same in the third quarter. We toiled in possession for a couple of points, then let in 5 goals from 6 inside 50s.

The forward line will look a lot better with McGlynn, Heeney and Rohan in it. The problems in defence have less evident solutions.

Nankervis was a bright spot - I thought he got better as the game went on.
    Agree but also our game plan is totally wrong.

We have no crumbs up forward, and the hawks always had space players a kick behind the pack in defence.

Will Longmire make changes to senior players who are failing: absolutely not.

And that the real worry: does Longmire and the coaching staff get it; that their game plan is totally shot???

Nope, it will be put down to a bad night, and lets try again next week.
    doof-doof

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast