Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16: Sydney v Hawthorn

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Yes this game is an absolute joke with the umpiring, As soon as we are within 18 points , 6 free kicks in a row to hawthorn. Grundy grabbed the ball, did not have even 1 second to get rid of it, but a free kick, Mitchell just ducks his head, free kick. The degree of bias against Sydney is starting to become a bit too much, just like the trading ban placed upon us. Note this umpires will be rewarded with a Grand FINAL.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    How many frees in a row to Hawthorn plus 50s?
    Stevic

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    The different is coaching. Negative Longmire. Positive (but at times dirty) Clarkson. This list WILL NOT IMPROVE with this coaching team, about 5 or 6 of them. Have to change something unless we are happy to just play finals and waste the next two years.
    How has that half got anything to do with coaching. It was all about pressure. When we lifted the anti things turned.

A couple of goals late that killed any momentum we thought we had. We really need to bring in players like Heeney, Rohan and Mills (next year) because our disposal is a joke. Hawthorn almost always hit a target with composure. I don't care how many times you can get the ball (Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell) if you can't kick then it's basically useless.

Veterans List
    Damn we fought back so well but allowed them the last 2 goals. The frees didn't help. Mitchell ducks and gets a free.

Did they chicken wing Hanners? I didn't see it but my brother said he saw Hanners remonstrating.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Stevic, need I say more?

- - - Updated - - -

Stevic
    Do the AFL ever check umpire's bank accounts?

Shocking 1st quarter and once we looked to find some momentum, stevic did his best to stop it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Yes this game is an absolute joke with the umpiring, As soon as we are within 18 points , 6 free kicks in a row to hawthorn. Grundy grabbed the ball, did not have even 1 second to get rid of it, but a free kick, Mitchell just ducks his head, free kick. The degree of bias against Sydney is starting to become a bit too much, just like the trading ban placed upon us. Note this umpires will be rewarded with a Grand FINAL.
    That run of frees was Stevic, but boy we let them off the hook. Tippett's 50 metre penalty gave them back the momentum. He flies for an impossible mark, which by the mark he has never taken, then mouths off for a 50 metre penalty. Was clearly a free for his dumb marking attempt. A lot of what happened in the first quarter was ill discipline. Why on earth didn't Ted just tackle Mitchell.

Senior Player
    Someone needs to take some detailed stats on this Stevic guy. Smells to high heaven.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good night to have NARFed.

Those last couple leading into half time were killers.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I didn't expect a win, I did expect some fighting spirit, so I'm not unhappy. Our boys are working hard against a sublimely skilled outfit and have more than held their own in the second quarter.

The umpiring is its usual inconsistent self, the worst either the holding the ball against Reg - who is doing OK by the way - or the deliberate OOB against Josh, who is also doing OK.

Worst items for us so far are losing Bird so early, then the behinds to Lloyd and K Jack in the first Q - nerves perhaps but in a game like this just deplorable.

There are a few important pluses. Getting experience of the highest level into Toby N and Brandon J, the latter especially coping well with the Hawks' close attention. Then there is the fighting spirit I wanted to see, and the refusal to be pushed around by probably the most physical team in the competition.

I don't think we'll win this, but we will go down fighting and it will be good for us at our next encounter with the Hawks in September, or perhaps October. When that happens there will be a few different names on the sheet: Pyke, McGlynn, Rohan and Heeney. Worth waiting for.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    It is sad to watch Ted revert to the early years... he is gone like Shaw ... Smith far less reliable these days ... a much better effort in 2Q but without Buddy it wouldn't have amounted to much ... I agree the umpire did us in ... and frankly "the game " is becoming unwatchable unless they find a way to reduce the ball up scrums.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast