Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 237

Thread: Round 16: Sydney v Hawthorn

  1. #1

    Round 16: Sydney v Hawthorn

    70% chance of showers on the coast and 30% inland, so ANZ Stadium might be a better venue tonight for that reason at least, if not for any others. It's gonna be cold though folks!!

    Swans by 125.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  2. #2
    Swans by -10. I have a feeling B.Jack will kick a few goals.

  3. #3
    Senior Player Rod_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,020
    Expect a tough game. Swans by 3 points (kicked by goodesy ... if he kicks straight we will win to 15)

  4. #4
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,517
    5% chance of rain 8-10pm at Homebush Bay. But 9pm temp is 7°C so dig out the long johns.

    I want this to be the 2nd of our clean sweep wins against the dirty Hawks for 2015. I wonder if that's our big, aggressive ruckman's task for the night - to be aggressive? And is this a good game to bring back a guy with a recently sewn up chin?

  5. #5
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    5% chance of rain 8-10pm at Homebush Bay. But 9pm temp is 7°C so dig out the long johns.

    I want this to be the 2nd of our clean sweep wins against the dirty Hawks for 2015. I wonder if that's our big, aggressive ruckman's task for the night - to be aggressive? And is this a good game to bring back a guy with a recently sewn up chin?

    Actually 70% chance of rain. In other words it will rain. It is already abate sprinkling. if Roughy's chin doesn't stand up the they have done a pretty lousy job of stitching or he takes a long time to heal. It will be terrible out there and I am going. Might just hibernate in the Members Bar. Should be a great match. Hawks have been a bit scrappy all year, same with us. It's just they have come good already. We are still waiting for our blokes to play four quarters of systematic, sustained and scintillating footy.

  6. #6
    Hearing late out for Hawthorn - Hill out, Litherland in.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Hearing late out for Hawthorn - Hill out, Litherland in.
    Yes you're correct. No late changes for us.
    Subs - Syd, Jones and Haw, Hartung.

    Don't like Jones as sub, would prefer Shaw so he better have a good game or else RWO will explode! Lol.

    Can anyone at the ground give us an update on how the surface looks and the weather?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, USA.
    Posts
    808
    We NEED to win this one...Eagles beating Collingwood....then they have us in Perth next week...We could lose total touch with top 4 in this two weeks...

  9. #9
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,589
    I don't want to see Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis etc running around on their own!!

    Hopefully the umpires crack down on the Hawks sniping. No faith in Stevic though.

    I'm feeling nervous now. Wish the game would start so I would know which Swans team has turned up!

  10. #10
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Can anyone at the ground give us an update on how the surface looks and the weather?
    Has rained here but dry now. Showers are all coastal and light, won't bother us here. Light breeze and pretty cold. Surface looks like a patchwork made from a rug sale, not great.

  11. #11
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,589
    They just showed Buddy playing against us in 2005. The way he looked and moved reminded me of Micky O. He was so skinny!

  12. #12
    I believe we can beat the Hawks but I'm not certain our players do. Luck is a toss of the coin, a favourable breeze or a kindly bounce - everything else is up to us. Hawthorn will only play as good as we let them and at our best we can defeat them.

    Sydney by a kick.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO