Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I'm not missing any point. I just think the reaction is hysterical.

I'd love us to win more premierships. Finishing top 4 gives you the best chance to do that. I also recognise that they're bloody hard to win.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think the supporter base see something the coaches don't.

Were you like this in 2005 when the Saints outclassed us at Docklands? Or when Geelong ran away from us in the last H&A game of 2012? What about last year when we were 1-3?

Footy changes so quickly and I'm yet to see a flag given out in mid-July. Buckle up, there's plenty of 2015 to play out yet.
    Well said. I'd imagine the swans looked unbeatable at many stages last year, being $1.40 grand final favourites Against a team such as the Hawks suggests we were red hot last year. We also handled out a belting against a team that finished top 4 ( cats). And we won a prelim by 12 goals!! We couldn't get it done when it counted though. Now we'd be naive to think this Hawthorn side aren't incredibly talented and very much the team to beat, but that places the focus and the pressure firmly on them from now, and there's a long way to get until we get to September. They've looked simply awesome at times this year, they've also been knocked off as many times as we have, and come close a couple of other times. If we can find our best footy ( which I don't think we've come close to this year, perhaps the Port game) we might be a chance. Hawthorns best footy looks a lot better than ours, and on paper they should still be able to account for us, but when we produce our best footy Against the Hawks it makes it difficult or them to produce theirs, and that is how we have beaten them previously. We certainly have some problems to address, ( defence, Forward structure, execution of skills etc. ) thankfully we have some time to address them.

Just one change...

In: bloods culture
    Out: Naysayers

On the Rookie List
    So what will it be?

Out: Richards, Tippett, Bird
    In: Pyke, Laidler, Heeney

???

I am personally disappointed like a lot of people because the talent the Swans have is immense. Almost jaded. But it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    So what will it be?

Out: Richards, Tippett, Bird
    In: Pyke, Laidler, Heeney

???

I am personally disappointed like a lot of people because the talent the Swans have is immense. Almost jaded. But it's not working.
    I think those changes will be what we see, assuming Pyke & Laidler get passed fit. Reid will go back to cover Grundy, so Goodes will probably have to play FF, and have some support from Parker and Joey. Heeney and BJ to provide pressure and crumbing in our F50.

Senior Player
    The more I think about it the more I think that Xav should play because he is neither undersized or slow.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

West Coast are in great form, I suspect we'll cop a comfortable loss this week...Regardless of changes.

But that's OK, there's a long way to go, top 4 is still very much attainable.

We'll be back in our natural habitat....Branded in the media as..... "Unremarkable also rans, not a serious threat."

That augurs well for me.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

West coast are in much better form, but we seem to match up so well with them in recent times, even over there, that I just can't imagine they'd belt us. They should win realistically, but I wouldn't be surprised if we showed something after the debacle last week.

The Swans twitter feed is teasing that Rose may debut
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    The Swans twitter feed is teasing that Rose may debut
    I'd be surprised if that happened. He was flying before his injury but hasn't looked completely right since coming back. Having said that they might have a specific role in mind that he would be suited to for example, forward tagging Hurn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I'd be surprised if that happened. He was flying before his injury but hasn't looked completely right since coming back. Having said that they might have a specific role in mind that he would be suited to for example, forward tagging Hurn
    Based on the tweet, I suspect he'll be named in the 25 man squad, but cut from the 22.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...extended-squad

In: Pyke, Laidler, Heeney, Robinson, Towers, X Richards
    Out: T Richards, Tippett, Bird
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...extended-squad

In: Pyke, Laidler, Heeney, Robinson, Towers, X Richards
    Out: T Richards, Tippett, Bird
    We'll go like for like

Pyke for Tippett
    Laidler for Ted