Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I just like $3.35 Swans head to head .
    We have a pretty sound record in The West and they will be pretty motivated to respond .
    If not , players should be paid simply on their win/loss .
    A agree...there's something about this club when our backs are against the wall and the football world wants to write us off...we respond. Swans by 22 points!
    Swannies for life!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    My bet: the three outs plus B Jack, with Richards, Pyke, Heeney and Laidler the ins
    As it turns out, Spot On!!! Not living up to your username......

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see who they assign Xavier to play on. I'm guessing the resting ruckman but this might include playing on Nic Nat at times which isn't ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Will be interesting to see who they assign Xavier to play on. I'm guessing the resting ruckman but this might include playing on Nic Nat at times which isn't ideal.
    Strewth....welcome to the big leaue
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Strewth....welcome to the big leaue

Cast your mind back to 2011 when a young untried defender named Alex Johnson made his debut in a baptism of fire against the Eagles' tall forwards and acquitted himself well. I know this isn't technically Richards's debut but for all intents and purposes it is and I hope it's the start of something similar.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Cast your mind back to 2011 when a young untried defender named Alex Johnson made his debut in a baptism of fire against the Eagles' tall forwards and acquitted himself well. I know this isn't technically Richards's debut but for all intents and purposes it is and I hope it's the start of something similar.
    Agreed. Xaviers only game was when he was an emergency and there was an injury during warm up ( in 2103) if I recall correctly. Not really how you want to get your first game. So I agree this is like his first proper game. Hopefully he does well. Good luck Richards junior

Senior Player
    Xav in the side means that Reid can go forward and enforce our height advantage in the forward line. If the mids can get on top we might have half a chance
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I imagine Heeney will be the sub and Xav will be on for the full game (with visits to the bench). Good luck to them both and whatever happens on Sunday I think they're both part of our future.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Xav in the side means that Reid can go forward and enforce our height advantage in the forward line. If the mids can get on top we might have half a chance
    That's the key for me, I think we have the better midfield and I think that's how we've dominated them recently. There's has improved no doubt, and Nic Nat is in great form, but I think if we can assert our dominance in the middle , we can win this one no doubt.

I think we will back ourselves to be in the game and sub will be Xavier and he will come on for a small in the last qtr and we will go tall and stay in our defensive 50 last qtr to shut the game down

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I think we will back ourselves to be in the game and sub will be Xavier and he will come on for a small in the last qtr and we will go tall and stay in our defensive 50 last qtr to shut the game down
    Will be interesting. I can't quite see the sense in bringing xav in if he's going to be sub. He's not really a sub type player I don't think

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Will be interesting. I can't quite see the sense in bringing xav in if he's going to be sub. He's not really a sub type player I don't think
    It's the only position he's ever played at senior level!!

But no, I can't see the point of bringing X into the squad with the intention of making him sub. They'd be better off using Jack in that role. It seems like a strangely balanced team, to be honest. We've lost two talls but brought three into the side (with Laidler playing more as a tall, than a running player). And it's a largish ground and, if anything, we lacked a bit of run at times last week. Well, OK, we lacked a bit of everything last week but I don't think we were "too short".

It's a bit hard to pick who might be sub. Possibly Harry, but I'd say we really need his pace throughout the game. Shaw? Jones?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast